Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
ligree
Registered Users

Wash diapers with Samsung VRT Front Loading Washing Machine

Hello Mamas,

I am using a front loading HE Samsung VRT washing machine to clean my cloth diapers. Does anyone have experience with what settings may be best for this type of machine?

Best,
Lindsey

Advertisement

ligree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
parterasd
Registered Users

Re: Wash diapers with Samsung VRT Front Loading Washing Machine

Are you currently having any trouble?
parterasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

I think that is what I have. We have no stink or stains and no need to strip so I think we have a good routine. I do a warm warm permanent press cycle. Then I add Tide to they"1" line and do a hot/cold wash on "towels" with "extra wash" and "extra rinse" selected.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Samsung FL as well, what sounds like the same as yours. I just programmed "My Cycle" the other day, but haven't tested it yet because I'm not due until April. I did the Heavy Duty cycle with a pre-wash and an extra rinse. I think it ends up being almost two hours of washing.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

I have that washing machine, too. I don't always use the same wash cycle. The majority of the time, I throw diapers in and do a cold rinse/spin. Then I do a normal wash hot with extra wash and extra rinse. When that's done, I do a final cold rinse/spin. Occasionally, I'll do a heavy wash or sanitize cycle if baby has been sick or I have a lot of poopy diapers. Otherwise, the rinse, normal with extra wash, rinse again works good for us.

Also, I use a normal amount of detergent and vinegar in the normal rinse.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
februarymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Samsung FL, but I'm not sure if it's the VRT and it's in the basement, lol. But this is our wash routine - we do the Heavy Duty cycle which automatically does a cold prewash and hit the Extra Rinse button. The Heavy Duty cycle automatically sets to a hot wash as well. As far as detergent, we use original HE ultra powdered Tide to the 2 line, but I'm washing dipes for 2 kiddos - a special needs 6 y/o and a 2.5 y/o. So it's heavy duty big kid pee and poo, lol. Also I add just about a full cup of washing soda to the detergent dispenser as well. This has been the game changer, so to speak, for keeping our dipes stink free. I will not go without it! But that's it no extra rinses or washes or stripping and our dipes are stink free.

Last edited by februarymom; 02-25-2013 at 07:51 AM.
februarymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
ligree
Registered Users

Thanks, all! I am actually having trouble. I just found out that the sanitize option that I have been using is too hot for my diapers and more than likely destroyed my PUL lining... I found out by an increase in leaks. Also, our water is soft and I have been using charlie's soap which led me to have to strip my inserts. I think between the two problems, I can understand why we are having our leaks!

I stripped them, moved to a detergent made for soft water (rockin green soft) and rewaterproofed my shells by using Kiwi Campdry (per my diaper's manufacturer's instructions...softbums).

Feburarymom...do you know what temp the hot water in the heavy duty cycle is?

Also, does anyone fool the washer by putting in wet towels so that it flood the wash with more water?

Thank you!!
Lindsey

Last edited by ligree; 02-25-2013 at 04:38 PM.
ligree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lindsey, I'm planning to throw some towels into mine eventually, if needed, as I'm not sure how often I'll have to do the way.