Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Stripping essential oils?

I just came across a great deal on Craigslist for cloth diapers. I talked with the seller, and she said that the diapers aren't as absorbent as they had been originally because she made her own wipes mixture with essential oils.
Has anyone had oils on diapers before, and been able to strip them out? What was the method you used to strip them?

Thanks for your help! I really want to buy these diapers, but not if they don't work well.

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Anyone had luck stripping oils?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Probably strip just like detergent build up. It's possible the buildup isn't the EOs but her detergent. You could try a hot hot wash in Country Save or Bumgenius detergent, with a few drops of Dawn original blue dish soap, then rinse a lot. It may take several cycles. A quarter cup of bleach one time might help depending what the buildup really is, and it'll sanitize the diapers for your LO. You can also put a cup of vinegar in the rinse, or even in the wash.

Other choices are RLR, it's just called RLR and is available from some cloth diaper suppliers.

When I get FSOT diapers its usually buildup from Tide or soap based stuff (Rocking Green, Charlies, etc). Five washes with Country Save, with vinegar in the rinse, does the trick. Essential oil buildup is probably similar to Tide buildup.