Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

Teething poop help

Ds has 4 teeth already but he's working on more, and this time it's different. Exponentially more drool, diarrhea, and his poop is causing immediate rash any where it touches. He's started crying as soon as I walk to the changing table his bum is so sore
Coconut oil and lanolin are helping but not enough. It clears up the rash but the next time he poops it starts all over again.
What can I do? Non cd creams are not an option as all the sposies we have used give him a rash anyway. Is there anything I should or shouldn't feed him to help? Anything cd safe that will really work on his diaper area?

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Teething poop help

My youngest is going through this right now. Lots of air time.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
7mom7
Registered Users

A teething necklace significantly decreased the drool for both of my kids. DS1's daycare took it off one time because another baby was playing with it. He soaked through several bibs that day...it was crazy! I put it back on him the next day and the drool was gone I never found a CD cream that worked. What about putting him in one of the natural disposable options until the rash clears? We use the 7th Generation and another brand at times but I can't remember the name of the other brand.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Lots of naked butt time. Before my DD was mobile, we'd just do floor time on a couple layers of towels. Once she was mobile, I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

Seventh gen and the natural versions of huggies and pampers make his eczema break out. he lasts a change or two and then gets all red and blotchy.

I think I might finally try a necklace. I've been hesitant and skeptical but he's a slooooooow teether and does not deal with it easily. He's got a lot more teeth to cut before he's done.

He spends a good portion of his day naked or coverless already. We got a relatively inexpensive hand held steam cleaner for the carpet since he became mobile
Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

sween cream. maybe gynelotromin might help as my second had runs & it would go in cycles from runs... no issues here in cds so safe plus older seasoned nurse i talked to said cd safe.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
ChocoMeijin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just went through this recently. Make sure his bum is dry before applying cream, use something to fan it instead of wiping. Also use plain water& cloth wipes or even just dunk him half in the bath when you need to change a poopy diaper. Air time can be scary with a poopy kiddo lol! I heard oatmeal in the bath can help. Also to really keep on top of those diaper changes, i was checking every 10 min!
My DS had some really bad sores from it where the skin had actually rubbed/burnt right off. It's healed but it's been a month and you can still see the spots.
I think that's all i did. His only lasted a couple of days and took about a week to heal (enough so he'd stop crying every change).
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I really like fleece liners for rashes. Or anytime DD is gonna be in a diaper for an extended time (nighttime).

They don't absorb anything, they just keep the butt dry. With poop, yes, the poop will be on the liner, but the nasty acids should get sucked through to the diapers. With pee, it just keeps a nice dry barrier so that the butt stays dry and doesn't aggravate the rash.

Of course, fresh air is best, but next to that, I like liners. I get the bummis ones from Amazon. They're like $5 for 5 of them.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

Thanks

Ordered him an amber from hazelaid, switched his wipes to plain water, and following him around the house with a prefold while he crawls around naked

This has to end at some point right? Sheesh it's been a week already.