Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
So now I'm curious...

How many people have had unplanned home births (or car births or other unplanned places)

We had an unexpected home birth.

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: So now I'm curious...

We planned a HB, but had an accidental UC at home.

My labor was only 1.5 hrs from first contraction to delivery, and I spent 45 mins of that time in total denial that I was actually in labor.

MW lived one hour away, and by the time we called her, I was pushing. DH delivered DS in our kitchen.

One of the best memories of my whole life!

MW came rushing in about 5-10 mins after the birth.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm planning my 2nd homebirth, due any day now, and keep having dreams that I wake up with just my 2 kids here and I'm basically crowning. I'm sure that won't happen, but makes me a bit nervous. I'll tell you if I have a accidental UC or not in a few days.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I planned my unassisted homebirth, but gave birth at my friend's house instead of at home, lol.
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
kari331
Registered Users
seller

Unplanned home birth here. Water broke at 11:00 pm, contractions started at 1:00 am. I thought labor was easy piesy until about 4:00 am when I threw up (aka transition). I told my husband to pack his bag as it was time to head to the hospital (I wa 36 weeks along and had thrown some of my stuff together but not his). I went to sit on the toilet while waiting and felt my son's head. Ah, yeah...waited too long. Made the decision to call 911 versus attempting to make the drive to the hosital and be on the evening news. Paramedics arrived shortly before 5:00 am (police officers who arrived earlier told me not to push- bad advise) and he was born at 5:26 am.
kari331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Besser81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Planned home birth, unplanned assisted though! I wasn't in live with my mw and I couldnt have imagined his birth any other way! I think deep down I wanted an unassisted! Ds1 was born at home with a mw I lived!
Besser81 is offline   Reply With Quote