Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the smallest (weight wise) baby that you would put into a convertible Bri

You could try it, and then if need be, buy or borrow a bucket if you need it.

I couldn't live without my bucket, though.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: What is the smallest (weight wise) baby that you would put into a convertible Bri

I have never had an infant seat so I cannot say for sure but for the ones I have carried I hated them. Because of this I got DS a britax boulvard. He was born at 35 weeks and after a few days in NICU he came home at 6lbs. I did not know much about car seats and didnt take the hugs pads off. This was a problem. Otherwise the seat was fine for him. Just remember to take the hugs pads off. The only time I regretted not have a bucket was occasionally at a restaurant before he was high chair ready. We just used our stroller but at times that was awkward.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #13
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As long as the straps are at or below the shoulders, you are good to go. But if the straps come out above the shoulders, baby is too little.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #14
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We will likely go out to eat a bit after this one is born but I am not really worried about not having a seat for the baby. I am an expert at eating while holding a child. I became one when I was working as a nanny to newborn twins. Trust me after having a baby that your holding that isn't yours, and eating, you can do ANYTHING!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #15
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

I've had some 6 pounders. I would say buy or borrow from a trusted friend a bucket seat. You can always re-sell it to re-coup a lot of your money. We've tried to go directly to a convertible seat with a few of my kids and twice when I had 7 pounders and thought I could make it without the bucket DH had to RUN out and get a seat because they were too little to go home.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All of my friends are pregnant right now. So if they had a bucket, I wouldn't be able to borrow it. I think I will wait till my 30 week ultrasound (or later) and see how big the Peri thinks the baby is. If he thinks that my son will be closer to the 5-6 lbs range then I can go with a bucket, but if he says my son will be as big as DS (8 lbs) then I will go with the convertible.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #17
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

There are convertibles on the market that fit even teeny tiny babies well. Do you HAVE to have a Britax?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #18
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m
There are convertibles on the market that fit even teeny tiny babies well. Do you HAVE to have a Britax?
No but we like the bells and whistles of the advocate. I also like rear facing anti-rebound even though DH is a scientist and says it doesn't really matter.

So if a seat was comfy (like being able to drive 1100 miles in a single day comfy) and had side impact protection, then I think we would be happy. We have figured out that to get to grandma's house it is easier for our sanity to go in one day. So therefore the 1100 miles thing.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #19
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think you should take a serious look at the Maxi Cosi Pria. It will fit a teeny tiny 4 lb newborn well, is nice and cushy, and has Air Protect SIP. I think you might like it and you won't have to worry about the baby being too small for the seat.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #20
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m
I think you should take a serious look at the Maxi Cosi Pria. It will fit a teeny tiny 4 lb newborn well, is nice and cushy, and has Air Protect SIP. I think you might like it and you won't have to worry about the baby being too small for the seat.
Agreed. I have the Priori and had a Mico and they both seem made for shorter babes. I brought my 7lb newb home with the straps in the 2nd slot.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote