Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #41
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

I have PCOS too. I was told to and take Metformin to breastfeed. It helps. I also am on reglan. You can definately take more fenugreek. I am worried about my supply again so will be taking 3 pills 3 times per day as soon as I get some (snow storm today).
I second the metformin. My dosage was just increased back to my pre pregnancy dose of 1000 mg 2x/ day because my PCOS has been giving me grief and my milk supply has been fantastic. I actually need bigger bras lol. I was taking fenugreek pills 2-3x/day, but now I just drink a little mothers milk tea for good measure and LO is getting chunky

Advertisement

MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #42
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

The key ingredient in the more milk special blend is goats rue. You can also take goats rue by itself and take more of it. I buy the mother love goats rue tincture and take the max dose. I order it from luckyvitamin.com. It's amazing stuff! With my first baby I lost my supply in my right breast after getting mastitis twice. I didn't start taking goats rue until 9 mos later and it brought back that supply! I've been taking it since day 1 with this baby so I can't say how much it's helping...plus I'm taking 16 fenugreek and somperidone.

Cindy
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #43
Junglebugg225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2

I second the metformin. My dosage was just increased back to my pre pregnancy dose of 1000 mg 2x/ day because my PCOS has been giving me grief and my milk supply has been fantastic. I actually need bigger bras lol. I was taking fenugreek pills 2-3x/day, but now I just drink a little mothers milk tea for good measure and LO is getting chunky
I called the dr yesterday for metformin!! I haven't been on it since we stopped TTC dd1- fingers crossed I don't have to fight too hard for it. I called with lots of evidence!! I just wanna feed my baby, geesh!!!
Junglebugg225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #44
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I can't stop the Fenugreek or my supply drops.

I hope you get it. I know it works very well to establish normal hormone levels in the body.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #45
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I can't stop the Fenugreek or my supply drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
The key ingredient in the more milk special blend is goats rue. You can also take goats rue by itself and take more of it. I buy the mother love goats rue tincture and take the max dose. I order it from luckyvitamin.com. It's amazing stuff! With my first baby I lost my supply in my right breast after getting mastitis twice. I didn't start taking goats rue until 9 mos later and it brought back that supply! I've been taking it since day 1 with this baby so I can't say how much it's helping...plus I'm taking 16 fenugreek and somperidone.

Cindy
I knew about the Goats Rue, but didn't realize you could just take it by itself...although, that makes total sense. Duh! So, you take fenugreek (16 total?) and the goats rue and them dom? Are you taking Blessed Thistle too? I may buy just the Goats Rue because I really think that makes a difference for me.

My supply is fine (except it drops if I stop the Fenugreek ), but honestly, I am paranoid because of my previous experiences. Unfortunately, my supply drops very easily (like when baby doesn't nurse every 1.5 to 2 hrs for a couple days in a row, which does happen often as babies get older. My body does not handle less frequent nursing well at all.) It is very hard to get back up. Ideally, I'd like to be nursing baby and pumping 10+ oz a day to stock my freezer for when my supply decided to die and not come back (usually around 7-9 months). Right now, I nurse baby and he seems satisfied and happy most days and some days I pump right before I go to bed if baby has been sleeping for at least an hour. I usually get 4 oz give or take a oz depending on when baby nursed last. I have around 80oz in the freezer.

What can I say, I want tons of milk because I'm always paranoid. (Honestly though, this is my 4th nursing experience and I've yet to have one where I didn't have supply issues at some point.)
Old 02-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #46
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

I knew about the Goats Rue, but didn't realize you could just take it by itself...although, that makes total sense. Duh! So, you take fenugreek (16 total?) and the goats rue and them dom? Are you taking Blessed Thistle too? I may buy just the Goats Rue because I really think that makes a difference for me.

My supply is fine (except it drops if I stop the Fenugreek ), but honestly, I am paranoid because of my previous experiences. Unfortunately, my supply drops very easily (like when baby doesn't nurse every 1.5 to 2 hrs for a couple days in a row, which does happen often as babies get older. My body does not handle less frequent nursing well at all.) It is very hard to get back up. Ideally, I'd like to be nursing baby and pumping 10+ oz a day to stock my freezer for when my supply decided to die and not come back (usually around 7-9 months). Right now, I nurse baby and he seems satisfied and happy most days and some days I pump right before I go to bed if baby has been sleeping for at least an hour. I usually get 4 oz give or take a oz depending on when baby nursed last. I have around 80oz in the freezer.

What can I say, I want tons of milk because I'm always paranoid. (Honestly though, this is my 4th nursing experience and I've yet to have one where I didn't have supply issues at some point.)
Heather....how many times a day do you pump? Are you just doing fenugreek? I'm doing fenugreek and may try to add the tea...I pump mostly at night bc that's when I get the most...
Old 02-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #47
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Yep I'm taking goats rue, fenugreek and Dom. And I probably have the minimum full supply. But I had breast surgery years ago so that's why. I tried blessed thistle with my first and didn't notice a difference and it was just wayyyy too many pills for me to take in one day. I take 32 pills as it is between Dom and fenugreek and then I also take lecithin and vitamins. Thankfully the goats rue is a liquid...so I use it to wash down the other pills.

I want to start pumping before bed. I did that with my first daughter. But right now baby doesn't stay alseep well without me in the room so I don't get a huge chunk of her being asleep consistently so I can't pump yet. One day she'll sleep better.

Cindy