Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hair care help

I'm not very knowledgeable about hair products and I've been struggling with dds' hair. They all have straight hair. I usually use the Suave detangling sprays and kids shampoos, and occasionally a creme from Garnier Fructis. Dd1 refuses to take her coat and hood off a lot, and her hair is constantly knotted and she fights me about brushing it. Dd2's hair looks like straw and is probably chlorine damaged because she swims a lot.

Usually I cut their hair, but I took dd1 for a real haircut yesterday. The woman recommended John Mitchell The Detangler, and also It's a Miracle 10 Leave-In Spray and said that dd's hair was very dry caused by wax build up from what we've been using. Both of these are way more expensive than anything we have been using, and I don't if she's just trying to make a sale or it would be worthwhile to get this. Are these really better and are they worth the money? What else could we try?

Advertisement

Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Coconut oil.

Virgin, organic. From the grocery. It'll be a solid substance in a jar.

Rub on hands, run hands through hair. You can do a mask or simply use a little daily. I use it on dry hair.

Fairly cheap and lasts a long long time.

I'm sure the suggested products are good. But this will work and might work better.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh, but you will need a good shampoo lather to clean and get under the oil each day. So make sure they're not skimping on the shampoo.

Or however often they wash their hair.