Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #11
isda1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: RnG? Natureclean? Soapnuts?

I alternate between Nellies and RnG, both classic & hard rock (just depends on whether im at my parents or my house). Neither have given me problems, although i am starting to get some of the inevitable microfibre stink. i used to use sunlight soap when i lived in a NE ontario town that had very hard water and i did not know better. i never noticed a problem then but i was very new to CD and used Kushies. Oh and I love RnG The Plain Green Teas - yummy, yummy, yummy!

Advertisement

isda1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #12
yomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use Nature Clean and don't have a problem with it, just add some Oxyclean once in a while. But we don't have hard water and I don't use any microfiber.
I was always a little sceptic of trying soapnuts but while travelling in Germany, it was the only CD safe detergent I was able to find at that store, so I gave them a try and was quite impressed with them. They have a natural fabric softener in them that made my OBV dipes super soft and squishy. They also had a nice natural clean smell about them. Again not sure if I'd use them with microfiber or hard water though.
yomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
triscuitsma02
Registered Users

Laundry Tarts is a Canadian made detergent, safe for CDs and comes in some yummy scents
Pretty cheap since you can get 140 washes in a top loading for just over $20.
triscuitsma02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #14
JoelleB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I seem to be having the same issues as you but i started my dipes out with RnG classic and i have hard water... it didn't hurt my dipes but i never fully felt they were really really clean.. they always had a weird smell to them.. not horrible just weird.. so i decided to experiment and switched to country save, hoping to save myself a couple bucks.. well i feel like that was a REALLY REALLY big mistake.. My dipes smell horrible and they repell water now.. i am in the midst of a total strip process with ALL of my stash! I'm afraid my well is going to dry up with this one! I can't even use dawn.. (Im allergic) So i have done numerous hot washes with my palmolive and we shall see how it works out.. I have heard just regular tide HE works wonderfully with dipes from several people.. not the f&c kind though.. I think i will be switching back to RnG Hard Rock this time! we shall see if that works better.. I didn't want to have to switch back because it is rather expensive but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I hope this helps a little???
Old 11-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
kcase6
Registered Users
seller

I just got some soapnuts by Earth's Berries (they had a special on theshoppingchannel.com with good prices!), and so far I'm loving them. Bought a 1kg bag for $30 (with taxes and shipping included) - bag is supposed to last for 300-400 loads! So if used properly, one load would only cost $0.05 - 0.10! Now that's super savings!

I haven't used them on CD yet, as my babe's not due till March, but have used them for all of my other laundry needs. So far very impressed! I do plan to use them on CD's when the time comes...fingers crossed it works out well.
kcase6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #16
ATallGiraffe
Registered Users
Formerly: janny17
seller
seller

Hey Joelle,
RLR works great for stripping diapers. That is all I use now when i need to & it works great.

Andrea
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
alexaE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love RockIn Green hard rock... Rage Against The Raspberry smells deee-lish.
alexaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #18
77Lipen
Registered Users

If you use pockets you can boil the inserts to try and release the soap.

I use purex free and clear. Just 1/2 tablespoon in my front loader for 12-15 diapers. Covers then inserts.
Everything gets a presoak (covers with poo seperate) while other laundry is finishing.
Pockets get a quick wash on warm (to release poop) then normal wash on warm, then rinse until no soap (which can be alot!!!)
Inserts get my sanitize cycle with extra rinse. Then multiple rinses to rid soap.

I have a crummy machine but this way I have 0 stink issues with just a regular box store detergent.

If you suspect hard water see if you do dishes by hand how 'sudsy' the water gets with dish soap. If it seems to need alot to suds (more than 1/2 tsp), you have hard water.
Baking soda helps fix hard water.
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
77Lipen
Registered Users

Oxyclean will just help with stains.
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #20
jammy
Registered Users
seller

I've been using soapnuts for 2months now on both my cloth diapers and our reg laundry - i love it!!! Clothes come out smelling so fresh with not chemical smell (amazing difference) and its great on the CD's
jammy is offline   Reply With Quote