Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Teething a Medication

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I thought that was giving in right before vaccines. Isn't it ok afterwards if they are showing signs of pain/discomfort??
Our ped said it's not OK; any fever/discomfort/whatever at any time due to the vaccine is part of the immune response and shouldn't be treated with medication unless it gets to the point that it could be dangerous, which is rare.

OP - On another side note I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, just thought I'd mention it.

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Teething a Medication

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Our ped said it's not OK; any fever/discomfort/whatever at any time due to the vaccine is part of the immune response and shouldn't be treated with medication unless it gets to the point that it could be dangerous, which is rare.

OP - On another side note I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, just thought I'd mention it.
I've heard this as well. There is also evidence to suggest that in those that are more sensitive to vaccines, Tylenol can exacerbate an adverse reaction.
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post

Good to know. We've never had to but appreciate the info!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote