Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Finally some good news

I just got back from getting Kairi's finger pricked to check her lead level again. It came back under 10!! We are so excited. They want it under 5 but it being under 10 is really really good news!!!

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Finally some good news

I remember your story about the lead. That is wonderful it is so low now! Awesome news!!

My DD's level was 7 or so at her check up in Oct. We cannot figure out why. She is 5 and still puts everything in her mouth. *sigh* I decided it is probably the colored pencils we were using. We stopped, but I haven't had her tested again yet. I need to make an appt.

Anyway, congratulation! I know you have worked very hard to keep her safe from it.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great news!!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I remember your story about the lead. That is wonderful it is so low now! Awesome news!!

My DD's level was 7 or so at her check up in Oct. We cannot figure out why. She is 5 and still puts everything in her mouth. *sigh* I decided it is probably the colored pencils we were using. We stopped, but I haven't had her tested again yet. I need to make an appt.

Anyway, congratulation! I know you have worked very hard to keep her safe from it.
I don't think pencils or colored pencils contain lead, do they?

Great news, OP! I am sure you are relieved.
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismomma View Post
I don't think pencils or colored pencils contain lead, do they?

Great news, OP! I am sure you are relieved.
I actually wondered if colored pencils do, but I couldn't figure anything else out. So, I just thought that might be it. We don't live in an old home and neither does anyone we know (or frequently visit anyway). We really brainstormed for a long time and could not figure it out. That was the only think I could think of that she regularly puts in her mouth (despite being told not to). We need to go get her rechecked and see if it has gone down.

ETA - Okay, apparently, they don't. Scratch that idea. I have NO clue where they might be coming from for my daughter. I wish I knew. I can't fight it if I don't know what is causing it.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 02-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

I actually wondered if colored pencils do, but I couldn't figure anything else out. So, I just thought that might be it. We don't live in an old home and neither does anyone we know (or frequently visit anyway). We really brainstormed for a long time and could not figure it out. That was the only think I could think of that she regularly puts in her mouth (despite being told not to). We need to go get her rechecked and see if it has gone down.

ETA - Okay, apparently, they don't. Scratch that idea. I have NO clue where they might be coming from for my daughter. I wish I knew. I can't fight it if I don't know what is causing it.
When we first moved into this house our lead levels were nil except out of one faucet. We switched out the faucet fixture and the trace lead disappeared. Do you have any older faucets?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #8
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller

My 2 yo dd lead levels were elevated to around a 10 if I remember correctly. I was freaking out and trying to figure out from where. The Dr wanted us to repeat the test but not with a finger stick test, which is how they did the original test. With the sample from her arm, the levels were a 2 or 3! The dr told us that a finger stick isn't always accurate and if it comes back elevated its best to retest with an actual blood draw.

Great news OP !
ccserrano is offline   Reply With Quote