Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
whitneywalters's Avatar
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,459
My Mood:
Finally some good news

I just got back from getting Kairi's finger pricked to check her lead level again. It came back under 10!! We are so excited. They want it under 5 but it being under 10 is really really good news!!!

Advertisement

__________________
~Whitney~ adoring wife to Chris, mama to five little minions, Alex, Destiny, Kairi, Amelia and Cassandra!
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,081
My Mood:
Re: Finally some good news

I remember your story about the lead. That is wonderful it is so low now! Awesome news!!

My DD's level was 7 or so at her check up in Oct. We cannot figure out why. She is 5 and still puts everything in her mouth. *sigh* I decided it is probably the colored pencils we were using. We stopped, but I haven't had her tested again yet. I need to make an appt.

Anyway, congratulation! I know you have worked very hard to keep her safe from it.
__________________
Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Almacham
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slytherin House
Posts: 15,946
My Mood:
Re: Finally some good news

Great news!!
__________________
Sarah, mom of many
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
gigismomma's Avatar
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,673
Re: Finally some good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I remember your story about the lead. That is wonderful it is so low now! Awesome news!!

My DD's level was 7 or so at her check up in Oct. We cannot figure out why. She is 5 and still puts everything in her mouth. *sigh* I decided it is probably the colored pencils we were using. We stopped, but I haven't had her tested again yet. I need to make an appt.

Anyway, congratulation! I know you have worked very hard to keep her safe from it.
I don't think pencils or colored pencils contain lead, do they?

Great news, OP! I am sure you are relieved.
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Harmony96's Avatar
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,287
My Mood:
Re: Finally some good news

__________________
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
Usborne Books & More - Ask me about DOUBLE FREE books!
Join in September for just $25!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,081
My Mood:
Re: Finally some good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismomma View Post
I don't think pencils or colored pencils contain lead, do they?

Great news, OP! I am sure you are relieved.
I actually wondered if colored pencils do, but I couldn't figure anything else out. So, I just thought that might be it. We don't live in an old home and neither does anyone we know (or frequently visit anyway). We really brainstormed for a long time and could not figure it out. That was the only think I could think of that she regularly puts in her mouth (despite being told not to). We need to go get her rechecked and see if it has gone down.

ETA - Okay, apparently, they don't. Scratch that idea. I have NO clue where they might be coming from for my daughter. I wish I knew. I can't fight it if I don't know what is causing it.
__________________
Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 02-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
traderbren's Avatar
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Harford County, MD
Posts: 1,951
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

I actually wondered if colored pencils do, but I couldn't figure anything else out. So, I just thought that might be it. We don't live in an old home and neither does anyone we know (or frequently visit anyway). We really brainstormed for a long time and could not figure it out. That was the only think I could think of that she regularly puts in her mouth (despite being told not to). We need to go get her rechecked and see if it has gone down.

ETA - Okay, apparently, they don't. Scratch that idea. I have NO clue where they might be coming from for my daughter. I wish I knew. I can't fight it if I don't know what is causing it.
When we first moved into this house our lead levels were nil except out of one faucet. We switched out the faucet fixture and the trace lead disappeared. Do you have any older faucets?
__________________
Brenda married to John since 2006, SAHM to Brigid (12/07) and Emily (9/11)
My Snark-o-meter is broken. Please be assured that 99% of what I post is not intended to be snarky or judgmental.
traderbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #8
ccserrano's Avatar
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nyack, NY
Posts: 815
My 2 yo dd lead levels were elevated to around a 10 if I remember correctly. I was freaking out and trying to figure out from where. The Dr wanted us to repeat the test but not with a finger stick test, which is how they did the original test. With the sample from her arm, the levels were a 2 or 3! The dr told us that a finger stick isn't always accurate and if it comes back elevated its best to retest with an actual blood draw.

Great news OP !
ccserrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.