Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #211
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel j View Post
Is there a list any where online for appropriate/recommended serving sizes for different foods that are "allowed"?
If your not trying to loose weigh just eat until your satisfied. If your trying to loose weightn limit nuts to 2oz per day (and nut butters) and try to eat non starchy fruits and veggies in any quantity.

Advertisement

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #212
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
Today I will be 100% paleo. No excuses. I'm off to a good start....eggs, tukey and blackberries for breakfast.
I did it! Woot! Today however, I have already slipped. I think I am going to try to do every other day perfect for a week, then cheat every 2 days, then every 3 days,etc... I would like to be where I was before....paleo for 6 out of 7 days each week.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #213
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I did it! Woot! Today however, I have already slipped. I think I am going to try to do every other day perfect for a week, then cheat every 2 days, then every 3 days,etc... I would like to be where I was before....paleo for 6 out of 7 days each week.
Yay!!!

Okay- This is going to seem kind of counter-productive, but I need to find some paleo-ish convenience foods. Basically, I'm a mess right now emotionally and DH is getting frustrated with having to come home and cook every night, plus I think that I am going out of town for a week or more next week and I think I may be put on bed rest in the next couple of weeks depending on how things go when I see the cardiologist, so that is going to make life even more difficult.

He gets sick of salads fast, and I've been buying the pre-cooked bacon and all-natural sausages to make life easy. I think we are unworried about trace amounts of soy or corn right now, he just wants to stick close to paleo until things get back to normal.

Any ideas?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #214
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I bought some grass fed beef that was on sale. Ground beef. Three pounds. Any yummy recipes I should try with it?
doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #215
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
Yay!!!

Okay- This is going to seem kind of counter-productive, but I need to find some paleo-ish convenience foods. Basically, I'm a mess right now emotionally and DH is getting frustrated with having to come home and cook every night, plus I think that I am going out of town for a week or more next week and I think I may be put on bed rest in the next couple of weeks depending on how things go when I see the cardiologist, so that is going to make life even more difficult.

He gets sick of salads fast, and I've been buying the pre-cooked bacon and all-natural sausages to make life easy. I think we are unworried about trace amounts of soy or corn right now, he just wants to stick close to paleo until things get back to normal.

Any ideas?
hmmm.....Can you or DH cook triple the amount of meat you would normally need when you do cook? then you can eat leftovers for the next 2 days, just nuke some veggies to go with it. similarly, you can make a big pot of soup or chili and eat that all week.

seriously,,try a crockpot meal but cook it for half the amount of time the recipe says to. See if that helps improve the texture/ taste.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #216
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
hmmm.....Can you or DH cook triple the amount of meat you would normally need when you do cook? then you can eat leftovers for the next 2 days, just nuke some veggies to go with it. similarly, you can make a big pot of soup or chili and eat that all week.

seriously,,try a crockpot meal but cook it for half the amount of time the recipe says to. See if that helps improve the texture/ taste.
I am still having trouble around raw meat (and cooked half of the time), so that is part of the issue. I the only cp meal that I can remember really liking (aside from beef stew and pulled pork) is this peanut butter asian pork from crockpot 365. Since we eat beans about once a week, I am not opposed to peanut butter on occasion.

Do you have any specific suggestions for crockpot meals that you have enjoyed?

I need to go through my freezer and throw out about half of the freezer meals I have left. We tried the Bourbon chicken the other day and it was awful-- and I made five of them lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #217
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

Yesterday we did 100 paleo but today I'm sick I ordered.pizza and we ate that and a bunch of fruit epic failure.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #218
flynnsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Help! My stomach is bloated and in pain on paleo. Did anyone have die off symptoms? For paleo fast food, fish can be cooked really quickly in a hot pan, with some sautéed spinach or greens. Eggs are fast. Smoothies too. I also do one big pot of soup a week.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #219
maddies.mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnsmom View Post
Oh, I know my candida is related to sugar. I meant, I am now beginning to think that my candida is related to my autoimmune system being out of whack too. I am not following the strict protocol for autoimmune disorders yet thou. I have a hard enough time forcing myself to eat meat and stay away from sugar. Did it finally get easier for you?
It got easier after about 4 months or so... it was soooo hard in the beginning!! I had alot of symptoms that were from leaky gut/permeability issues - so when I got the IgG/IgA blood work done showing my sensitivities I knew I had to do something drastic!!
Since going on the AI protocol... I am almost completely asymptomatic (unless I have a gluten or dairy exposure)... I don't feel too good if I have a non-gluten grain, but it's not as severe of a reaction compared to gluten exposure...

I have also gotten my husband on board being gluten, dairy and soy free which helps... It's alot easier to cook full paleo meals instead of trying to include extra foods to make everyone happy.

and my daughter was not dairy free up until the last 6 weeks or so... but once I removed the milks/yogurts/cheeses... we haven't had any stomach issues at all! (well, except today because she was with my in-laws and they don't listen to me )...
maddies.mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #220
maddies.mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnsmom View Post
Help! My stomach is bloated and in pain on paleo. Did anyone have die off symptoms? For paleo fast food, fish can be cooked really quickly in a hot pan, with some sautéed spinach or greens. Eggs are fast. Smoothies too. I also do one big pot of soup a week.

When I first started... I didn't really feel much improvement until around 21-30 days... I did strict, strict, strict autoimmune protocol though... no eggs, nuts, seeds, nightshades.... it was soooo hard.... but once I hit the 3-4 week mark - things really improved nicely!

when I mentioned 4 months in the previous post... I meant as far as meal making/planning/shopping... not in terms of how I felt!! The first 90 days were the hardest! I added back eggs, nuts and seeds after 90 days with success... so that's part of the reason things got easier after that.
maddies.mom is offline   Reply With Quote