Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: March UYS Game - CHATTER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
I can probably pull out more if you want me to...this is just what I grabbed first.

The white one is a thick drapery type material, the second one I am not 100% sure, but it feels the same as my cotton, just with a slight texture to it.
The green / orange is a Batik

the heavy purple is a poly blend that is used mostly in clothing, but the name is escaping me. When I worked at Hancock fabrics the old ladies loved it for pants/jacket sets.... which makes it sounds awful, but i think it all depends on skill in the tailoring

BTW- what do you need? I'd love to trade you for some of that knit, DD would love it for summer PJs!

Advertisement

RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #32
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay good to know, thanks a bunch RockinLou! I just ordered a few more online so I have a stash again! Gotta love the Goodwill website! Oh and Facebook for all their destash groups. Ill hold off posting my goals til me and Alyssa strike a deal
Kaylacherie88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #33
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
The green / orange is a Batik

the heavy purple is a poly blend that is used mostly in clothing, but the name is escaping me. When I worked at Hancock fabrics the old ladies loved it for pants/jacket sets.... which makes it sounds awful, but i think it all depends on skill in the tailoring

BTW- what do you need? I'd love to trade you for some of that knit, DD would love it for summer PJs!
which knit? LOL. And batik. I will try to remember that. It was given to me and not really my thing.

I am not sure. I am thinking I might try to get things that will work for diaper making if I do actually end up pg (ugh- part of me really wants to share why it is so confusing and complicated, but gah!), but I am scared to end up with a bunch of diaper making supplies and no baby :/

Should I take more pictures of more fabric? Seriously- I have no idea how I have so much....

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sure! I have some diaper making supplies like terry cloth, some flannel. I could use cotton (non stretchy) for little girly clothes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #35
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do have flannel...tons of it. I found a ton for like .50 a yard so I stocked up

Is terry cloth the wash cloth material?

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #36
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
I do have flannel...tons of it. I found a ton for like .50 a yard so I stocked up

Is terry cloth the wash cloth material?
Yup.. good for the soakers, I also have some pul and some knit fabrics that you saw on the other thread
Old 03-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #37
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow! I never would have thought to use the terry...it seems...not so cozy to me for some reason? I loved some of those knits...and pul could be fun! (I have some left of some owl pul, but I am tired of that print now...I'm so bad!

Last edited by MommyLyssa; 03-01-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #38
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OH! fleece and zorb...and minky. My children are in love with minky. They all each have a small zig-zagged scrap they sleep with because "it is soft on their face"

Old 03-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #39
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
There's some terry cloth some random fabrics, fleece, and shiny/satin kind of stuff. I use terry cloth as the inside part and put minky or velour or fleece/microfleece around it.

Last edited by Kaylacherie88; 03-02-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #40
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88 View Post
There's some terry cloth some random fabrics, fleece, and shiny/satin kind of stuff. I use terry cloth as the inside part and put minky or velour or fleece/microfleece around it.
I can tell some of them, but just to be sure- which are the fleece, the microfleece, and the minky?