Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Re: BCBS health ins. covers jogging stroller??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley84 View Post
I have BCBS and they contacted me about their special program for expecting mothers last year when I was pregnant with DD. They didn't tell me much about it on the phone but said they would send a packet of info. I never got a darn packet and I never heard from them again regarding my pregnancy. I wonder if they'll get in touch with me regarding this pregnancy. I bought my pump used during my first pregnancy. I'd like a new one if insurance will cover it, but I don't know if they will as I'm a SAHM.
im a wahm who alternates freelance gigs with being a sahm but i dont think it matters what your status is, as long as you are still covered by your ins. call member services and ask- a breast pump is covered for me 100% under the new preventative guidelines and i think this is now nation-wide for many plans. i just have to order one through a medical supplier (like Edge Park) either 30 days before or 30 days after my delivery and the supplier will bill my insurance- no script necessary.

the future moms program is a separate perk, you can use the money for a breast pump but you dont have to if you can already get one for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Sorry for the barge. I was in that program with Horizon BCBS in NJ when I was pregnant with the triplets. All I got was annoyed with the nurse that knew even less then I did.

We currently have the same insurance and have a FAR worse plan and I just looked through the whole website and didn't even see this as an option for me. Did you have to call them or did they call you? Honestly at this point I would just be happy if they covered my delivery. Though I would use whatever I could get from them.
i ignore the advice from the nurse on the hotline, lol. she was like, "do you get the flu shot??? you know according to the CDC yadda yadda" i said, "no, i get the flu".

they actually sent me a flyer two weeks after my first midwife appt. like complete stalkers and it had this note at the bottom that it is sent "randomly" to women of childbearing age and doesnt mean that they know im pregnant. yeah right! anyhow, i called them to get more info and ended up signing up. i feel you on the hoping they cover your delivery- i have anthem BCBS and they wont cover any part of my midwives since they are out of network. our old insurance at least paid 75%. :/

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

also, i googled this program and some other forums have info about different states/plans.

http://community.babycenter.com/post...ss_blue_shield

a lot of people say it works, one woman said they never sent her the reimbursement form but i am completely committed and i will track them down! lol.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #13
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

dp

Last edited by nettepoet; 02-22-2013 at 08:24 PM.
nettepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
snugglebutter
Registered Users
seller

I must have the bottom of the barrel BCBS (TRS in TX) - they don't offer anything besides a manual breastpump.
S - happy to be homeschooling and expecting #5!
snugglebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
lemon.extract
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have bcbs as well! I knew about the breast pump but not the other things. I am going to have to sign up for the future mom package!
lemon.extract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
phillyhippymama
Registered Users

Wow - $300 is great. I have BCBS too but the max is only $50 toward a birth class.
phillyhippymama is offline   Reply With Quote