Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #181
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Thank you!

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #182
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
I saw its heartbeat!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #183
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Congrats Almacham! What great news.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #184
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hiya,

Just thought I would pop in for a quick update, and to share my grumpy girl's u/s pic Almost 37 weeks over here and doing well for the most part. I was diagnosed late with GD at 32 weeks so have been trying to get that managed with diet (so far so good except over night). My work is sheer insanity right now trying to transition in a brand new person, and transition out of my stuff, and we're gearing up for the busiest part of the year (which I will miss). And I'm just finally getting over a sinus infection. I think I've caught every cold/virus that came through town in the last 6 months!

I'm sorta freaking out that we're so close to the end of pregnancy because I feel so unprepared. And the first half was so precarious that we really didn't know if we would make it this far. Now that we're just a few weeks away, it's all getting to be so real and the panic is setting in, LOL!

Anyhoo, here's my grumpy girl. I think she was sleeping during the u/s and getting annoyed at the commotion. Maybe next week (follow up u/s) she will be more cooperative and we'll get a nice piccie. She's approx 6 lbs 2 oz and 18 inches, so right on track to end up about where my DS was at his birth (7 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches).

Hi to all the new mamas! I've been bad about chatting lately and checking in, sorry Just trying to keep it all afloat over here for a few more weeks!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #185
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
Hi to all the new mamas! I've been bad about chatting lately and checking in, sorry Just trying to keep it all afloat over here for a few more weeks!
your grumpy girl! Sounds like a busy time, preparing both work and home and life for her!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #186
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone! Erica, I love your"grumpy girl".
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #187
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

I have a question. I think I'm about 8 or 9 weeks right now (10 at the most). I never get severe nausea in pregnancy, but I get yuckiness, a gross taste in my mouth and food aversions. I have all this, totally normal, and a good sign. Not complaining at all. One thing I have noticed is that I need to eat like every 2 hours. Its terrible, I feel like I'm stuffing my mouth all day long. If I don't eat when I feel like it, I start to get really fidgety, dizzy and sometimes nauseous. I didn't have this with the baby I lost and don't remember if I had this with my son. Does this sound normal? I'm worried about gaining too much. I eat so much lately, I'm afraid to see the scale. I'm normally a tall and very slender person but I feel like I'm eating and gaining like crazy. I'm also showing more than I did with my son at 12 weeks (though this is my 3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby hopefully). I hope its because of the baby that I'm showing so much and not just because of food (its in the right spot for the start of a bump). ANyway... sorry about the book. I just need to know if you ladies think the constant need to stuff your face this early is normal.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #188
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankc

She is beautiful!!!!! Love the name Maeve it's been top of my girl names for years ( husband is irish red hair and all) but I seem to make boys...... maybe this time around will be different for me?!? We have never found out the sex so I think I just might this time if we make it that far-
Thanks! We've talked about the name Maeve forever :-)
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #189
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
I have a question. I think I'm about 8 or 9 weeks right now (10 at the most). I never get severe nausea in pregnancy, but I get yuckiness, a gross taste in my mouth and food aversions. I have all this, totally normal, and a good sign. Not complaining at all. One thing I have noticed is that I need to eat like every 2 hours. Its terrible, I feel like I'm stuffing my mouth all day long. If I don't eat when I feel like it, I start to get really fidgety, dizzy and sometimes nauseous. I didn't have this with the baby I lost and don't remember if I had this with my son. Does this sound normal? I'm worried about gaining too much. I eat so much lately, I'm afraid to see the scale. I'm normally a tall and very slender person but I feel like I'm eating and gaining like crazy. I'm also showing more than I did with my son at 12 weeks (though this is my 3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby hopefully). I hope its because of the baby that I'm showing so much and not just because of food (its in the right spot for the start of a bump). ANyway... sorry about the book. I just need to know if you ladies think the constant need to stuff your face this early is normal.
Oy, yes. At least until about 3-4pm. My m/s didn't kick into full gear until mid-late afternoon, so the mornings were just moderate nausea - but I needed to eat every couple hours, at least!, to get through that. If I tried to stretch it past 2 hours the horrid m/s nausea kicked in right away.
what to say about the weight gain part. I did gain, but I always have gained a lot with all my pregnancies, so that's nothing new for me. Not fun, but not new either.

FTR, I didn't have this bad m/s with any of my boys, but did with DD & Elli... and did with Hiccup, but we won't know if that gender difference holds true for another 6 weeks or so!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #190
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

March thread!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote