Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do u know about ERF seats in europe?

We are moving back to Europe this year and I'm looking for European ERF car seats. Do
You have any recommendations? Currently we have a maxi Cosi pria 70 and a recaro proride. We will have to add a third seat in may (yay!) so there will be 3 in a row. Kids wil be approximately 3.5yo (skinny bean), 2yo (chunky bean) and a 6mo.
(I already saw something about the Besafe seats...)

So: ERF car seats, that would possibly be placed 3 in a row?
Thank you!!!!

Advertisement

firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Do u know about ERF seats in europe?

Under what circumstances are you coming to Europe? Will you be under sofa? If not you will need to replace all your seats with a European seat, US seats are not approved here. As to seat recs it really is dependent on the country you are relocating to. In Germany they forward face as young as 9 months old, rear facing is just starting to be more common we ordered a seat from sweden via carseat.se and the price tag was gnarly we paid over 500 for one seat
Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1
Under what circumstances are you coming to Europe? Will you be under sofa? If not you will need to replace all your seats with a European seat, US seats are not approved here. As to seat recs it really is dependent on the country you are relocating to. In Germany they forward face as young as 9 months old, rear facing is just starting to be more common we ordered a seat from sweden via carseat.se and the price tag was gnarly we paid over 500 for one seat
Hi
Yes I know I have to buy all the car seats, I don't bring US seats there. I'll be certainly buying online from Swedish websites since they seem to be on top as you said. I need some advice about specific brands. what car seat did you get? Are you happy with it?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

We have the britax Two way and its a great seat, It fits into both of our cars no problem and its one of the tallest rear facing seat so it can accomidate kids to like age 6 I think it was. The guy at carseat,se is super helpful. They **** eu wide for 45 euro. Gnarly but was worth it. Now German stores are starting to sell some rearfacing britax seats as well so I think its becomming more common.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

the guy at carseat.se is it is very very helpful! we have a besafe izi kid, on child 2 and still going strong. the cover is a bit blah but otherwise, for 5 years it's great and strong as can be
Old 03-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The owner of carseat.se is actually a member here. Adventuredad is his SN here and at car-seat.org.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess71903
The owner of carseat.se is actually a member here. Adventuredad is his SN here and at car-seat.org.
Oh that's good to know!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Adventuredad
Registered Users

Welcome back to Europe:-) There are a number of ERF seats with tall seat shell and 55 lbs rear facing limit. The most suitable will depend on your car. Any idea of brand and model yet?

Three across is posssible in many cars although we try to avoid it since it's not so practical. A better solution is usually to deactivate airbag in front passenger seat and use this position and two in the back seat. More practical for space and just as safer, or safer, than the back seat.

CarSeat.se Rear Facing Car Seats
Swedish 55 lbs Rear Facing Car Seats Saving Lives Since 1965
Annika: 7.5 years Britax Adventure Daniel: 10 years Britax Adventure
Adventuredad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuredad View Post
. A better solution is usually to deactivate airbag in front passenger seat and use this position and two in the back seat. More practical for space and just as safer, or safer, than the back seat.
Really? I'm moving back and would love a small car for just around town but here it's so ingrained that it's against the law to have a child in the front. I mean by height I should be in the back

If I could do one front 1 back I could get a mini or something small vs bigger
Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuredad
Welcome back to Europe:-) There are a number of ERF seats with tall seat shell and 55 lbs rear facing limit. The most suitable will depend on your car. Any idea of brand and model yet?
We will very probably be driving our kids in a BMW X5.
I suppose there is the LATCH system on the two side seats in the back row, but how would the third middle seat be fixed? With just the seat belt - and additionally with the floor foot (I don't know the correct term in English, sorry)? I will need te front seat for my husband or myself so I guess we won't put a car seat there.
What I like about the seats we have now is that they seat high enough (pria 70 and recaro) so kids can see well through the windows (we also dive a SUV here in the US). The ERF seats in Europe are like that too?
I will certainly pm you later, Adventure dad, with my questions, if you agree