Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #161
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 24th - Mar 2nd

Is anyone getting their older children a gift or something for when baby arrives? We didn't do it last time, and I don't know that we'll do anything this time. I just know that some people do it.

My work had a surprise baby shower for us last weekend, and my girls got two gifts each (some new pajamas and princess dress up stuff). After the shower, my 5 year old DD told me she thought it was weird that she and DD1 got presents because the shower was for the baby.

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #162
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
We did it with clara....she brought big brother a thomas set maybe it would be beneficial for baby to get her sonething bc she is going to go into total shock over her loss of the baby status.

She decided that his tiny diapers should be hers and wanted to wear diapers only.......fits thrown over panties.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #163
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Great grocery store story!

Yes, baby got DD a plasma car. She is gonna be so excited, but she won't understand that it's from baby. And even though she loves the cars when we're anywhere that has one, I almost bet she'll ignore it at our house - lol.

Babysat my friend's little boy so that dad could spend the day at the hospital with mom and the new baby. Baby isn't able to come off oxygen yet, but is doing much better so they're not sending her to a NICU.

Anyways, DD and this boy are like 2 months apart (he's 2 months younger) and about as different as 2 kids could possibly be. It's just insane watching the two of them. He plays with toys, for one. And not just plays with them, but pretends things and invents storylines. DD doesn't play with toys. She reads books. All day. She has pretty much every children's book in our house - which is a lot - memorized.

So weird. He was so low maintenance comparatively. I love DD and I'm proud of her, but it was just insane watching these two kids all day and noticing how very very different they were. I'm not sure DH really understood until today cause he's not around the boy ever like I am.

Anyways... Tiring day
Old 03-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #164
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I've never gotten a massage for the same reason, seemed weird and too intimate, but it wasn't that way at all. The lady was very professional and a great masseuse.

We haven't done gifts for siblings in the past and won't this time. The girls are so excited about seeing the baby though!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #165
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our girls are excited about seeing the baby as well, and all my 2.5 year old talks about is "we baby"..."this is for we baby", "I'm going to help change we baby's pee diapers", "I'm going to hold we baby", etc.

Since we didn't find out gender, I think what I'll have my girls do is pick out clothes for the baby once baby is born. I have a bunch of boy and girl clothes at home, so they can pick out appropriate clothing and bring it to the hospital for the baby.

Magnolia is a lucky girl...I love plasma cars!! I want one.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #166
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11
Is anyone getting their older children a gift or something for when baby arrives? We didn't do it last time, and I don't know that we'll do anything this time. I just know that some people do it.

My work had a surprise baby shower for us last weekend, and my girls got two gifts each (some new pajamas and princess dress up stuff). After the shower, my 5 year old DD told me she thought it was weird that she and DD1 got presents because the shower was for the baby.
Yes, I ordered them each an Obv pillow case in their fav colors with their name appliqué on it
Old 03-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #167
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

'nother week, new thread
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote