Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I get to cloth diaper another one

Nope not pregnant though. The parents well dad of the little girl I Nanny texted me yesterday telling me he wants me to start working/pushing her to potty train because he is tired of buying diapers,well she just turned 2 late Jan. and honestly is not ready so I asked if I could put her in cloth for 1-2 months while getting her used to going on the potty too. at first he said no they'd rather use regular girl panties but I explained about CDing to his wife and showed her some diapers on ebay and she was up for it,she the explained it to him and he agreed.
Yesterday within a 30 min time span she peed in 5 pair of panties with me putting her on the potty every 5-10 mins for over an hr,it was as soon as we went to the kitchen to make lunch she peed 3 puddles (3 times) on the kitchen floor and then 2 more times later.
anyway here she is in her first CD a Kushies.

I knew I saved my stash for a reason.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
yukipr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I get to cloth diaper another one

They are sooo cute. I never pushed to potty train my daughter. I just went with the flow and when it was time, it was time.

I do cloth diapers at home, currently with the second baby. But I also buy disposable ones for going outside the house. I buy those with coupons. (Yeah, I do a lot of couponing!).

The little girl is happy to have such a nice nanny!
yukipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

She's beautiful, and yay for having another baby to CD!

I don't mean to be rude at all, but I'm just wondering if you've got the parents' permission to post a picture of her here?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

its normal for disposable wearing kids to sort "try out" any cloth option. cloth has a very different feel so its not surprising that she is just peeing constantly with the new found freedom/breathability of cloth

i think you did the right thing in postponing training. having the pressure of immediately controlling herself and going to underwear at barely 2 years can be very stressful for this child. since the dad was already saying HE was done with the disposables, you know there would be frustration if this child was showing she wasnt ready to transition yet.

i dont know how you handle potty training but putting them on the potty every 5 to 10 minutes is going to get old fast. i would research options but your best bet is right before and after a nap or meal. certain times of the day can get you off to a good start versus spending the next however long in the bathroom
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
elmojr
Registered Users
seller
seller

She'll get the hang of it. I'm sure. Not every kid is ready at a set time. I CD my son and he is no were ready to potty train at 30 months. My DD was potty trained at 22 months and was a disposable baby. It all depends on when the child is ready. I'm excited for you to have the opportunity of CD'ing another child.
elmojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum
She's beautiful, and yay for having another baby to CD!

I don't mean to be rude at all, but I'm just wondering if you've got the parents' permission to post a picture of her here?
Yes I do.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom View Post
Yes I do.
Then yay for it all!