Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #111
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn stash planning anyone?

I am still debating newborn PF's. The only thing is that they say "Up to around 10lb." My last newborn was over 10lb.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #112
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't believe some of you are already done! I will not be done for a few more months I fear. And I am giving birth before many of you (July 4-18)! Glad I am not alone though. I do have the older stash more or less done, but the newborn stage, not even cut out yet!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #113
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaclip View Post
I am planning now too (for a first baby). I just offered to buy a stash for sale here for $100, thinking, phew, done with that!

But my alternate plan was:

24 cotton GMD prefolds
2 wool overnight soakers
1 (or 2) thin wool day covers
5 PUL type covers

I live in a small non-corporate complex with 4 other units and two sets of washer dryers that are included in the rent, right under me, as easy washing in my own house. The washer and dryers are almost always unused. So I plan to wash every night. I *hate* things that smell. I take the trash out sometimes twice a day. I was considering keeping the diaper pail outside on the little patio off the babies room.

Any suggestions on the plan?
Hey it's the mama with the ninja baby! Welcome to August previously I used a trash can with a lid and never had stink issues. I would not keep them outside, however. If you are washing daily you should be good
Old 03-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #114
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amber I'd go with infant then, I've read the *can* work on a newborn but are a little bulky. I have 6-7lb kids and these newborn prefolds are TINy! I have dobts they'll fit mine hah. You can always get some shipped 2 day mail from amazon if the babe pops out smaller.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #115
Ocean4Me
Registered Users
Formerly: ***ach

I am from the May DDC(didnt realize this was an August thread last night)but I haven't even started!yikes!!
Ocean4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #116
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I can't believe some of you are already done! I will not be done for a few more months I fear. And I am giving birth before many of you (July 4-18)! Glad I am not alone though. I do have the older stash more or less done, but the newborn stage, not even cut out yet!
I am only "done" with diapers because I saved all of our GN stuff from DS. I have PFs from infant through premium (maybe toddler?) and I raided my grandma's tea towel drawer before we sold her house and came out with 28-36 nice flat diapers LOL

And done is relative. I still plan on adding wool (of course ) and maybe a few BGE's when baby is older. I am also thinking about making some pre-flats for nb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Amber I'd go with infant then, I've read the *can* work on a newborn but are a little bulky. I have 6-7lb kids and these newborn prefolds are TINy! I have dobts they'll fit mine hah. You can always get some shipped 2 day mail from amazon if the babe pops out smaller.
We only used the infant on DS and yes, they were bulky, even at 10lb. But he grew out of them in about 1-2 months, if I remember correctly, but he was HUGE =D
Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #117
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean4Me View Post
I am from the May DDC(didnt realize this was an August thread last night)but I haven't even started!yikes!!
I didn't start with DS until a month before he was born. We went looking at houses at the 24 week mark and that took up all of my time. Then 2 weeks before we were going to close, DH got laid off. He got a job 2 weeks later and everything was fine, but I didn't even really get started till he was working again. BOY was that fun to get everything at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I am only "done" with diapers because I saved all of our GN stuff from DS. I have PFs from infant through premium (maybe toddler?) and I raided my grandma's tea towel drawer before we sold her house and came out with 28-36 nice flat diapers LOL

And done is relative. I still plan on adding wool (of course ) and maybe a few BGE's when baby is older. I am also thinking about making some pre-flats for nb.
Oh I never use flats. I have about 22 green edge infant prefolds that I could use in a pinch, but nothing really for newbie stage. I then have all of DS stash which is a lot. Though I think I could use even more of a few of those too. I like a 3 day wash routine.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #118
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Has anyone used the Sbish Mini Snapless?

I am in retail therapy mode and am thinking about buying a 20 pack and a few preflats I read somewhere that a few people have used them for up to 4 months. We have a partial stash of the sbish snapless fitteds and I have a love-hate relationship with them. They have fit my 3yo awesomely since we bought them at about 18m, but poop gets stuck in the serging (one thing I hate the most about fitted dipes rofl), but with a EBF newbie, I could just toss them in the wash.

I think they may kick me off of the thrifty forum pretty soon

Last edited by AmberP; 03-06-2013 at 02:35 AM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #119
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would love love love a stash of sbish <3 the resell is high, and I've read nothing but good things about them! If I had the funds I'd be all over that.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #120
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
I would love love love a stash of sbish <3 the resell is high, and I've read nothing but good things about them! If I had the funds I'd be all over that.
You and me BOTH!!!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is online now   Reply With Quote