Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #11
Aholt
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Spitting up

My DD did that turned out to be GERD we still have issues with spit up at 8 and a half months old, I would definately watch the little ones weight if the baby stops gaining or suddenly drops weight the PED should take action. The neighbors kiddo doesn't have GERD and he is a volcano baby as well but typically only if she eats dairy. Good luck

Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Thanks girls. My dd also had reflux but it didn't rear it's ugly head until she was about 3 weeks old. This baby is a VERY quite good sleeping, non crying until hungry baby. She doesn't have a paci (yeah for them!!) and she hasn't really needed one yet. She doesn't exhibt signs that I would think of reflux. I did think about her feeding that long at once though. Maybe she could try burping during that 30 min. I too agree that baby will stop "drinking" when full and just comfort nurse. My dd DID throw up on me ALL the time too while nursing before we got her reflux fixed. I was covered in BM all day it seemed. LOL At least it ddidn't smell too bad.

Thank you all. I will def. let her know it's pretty normal and just watch the poops and things. I changed her dipe the other day and it's just starting to get yellowish/brownish it wasn't green though so that was a good thing. thank you all!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #13
piccolo41099
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How old is the baby?

Is it projectile?

I am only asking because if the baby is 6 weeks or around there and projectile vomiting IMediatley after nursing it could be pyloricstenosis.
I sounds BIG, but a simple surgery fixes the problem.

My second son had it and the surgery only lasted 15 minutes.

Basicaly the muscle at the bottom of the stomach grows too big and doesn't allow any food or very little food to pass through.
The peek time to be diagnosed is 6 weeks, although Garritt was 4 months old.

It might be worth them going to the ped.
piccolo41099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #14
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

My dd has been a projectile spitter and we have gone through many, many bibs and burpcloths in a day. My feeling, and what the pediatrician said, is that as long as there's good weight gain and she doesn't seem to be in pain, then just wait and let her grow out of it. She's 4 1/2 months old now and starting to grow out of it, yay! It's messy and embarrassing, and it makes little old ladies lecture you on how you must have eaten something wrong but spitting up by itself is not a problem.

My son on the other hand, never spit up excessively but did show signs of being bothered by reflux. Babies are a mystery!
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
beachmamatoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds like my son. He has silent reflux and spits up often after nursing. Not enough to warrant meds- he's five months old and almost twenty pounds! LOL but we do smell like spit up a lot.
beachmamatoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy21princess View Post
Okay my dd is almost 2 and she never spit up with the exception of HORRIBLE throwing up/spit up, yes I mean projectile throwing up. Anyway my SIL just had a baby girl on Monday and she is spitting up quite a bit after she nurses. She started just kinda drooling a bit out after nursing and now she's spitting up kind of a lot. NOT tons but enough to make her worry.
I asked if she was laying baby down after nursing and she said NO that it's almost as soon as she unlatches. She's also Burping her VERY good she said. She is nursing for about 30 min on one side at this time.

I've always had a FAST nurser like NEVER over 10 min and not even 3-5 most of the time. She also never spit up much so I was hoping some one here could give me some ideas that I could use to pass a long. TIA!
My DD was born 8/8 and she has been doing this a bit the first week anyway because she would eat a little too much and couldn't stop the milk flow and it was just a little, but she has also had milk all over her face and coming out her nose. I am not worried much because I think it will fix itself soon enough.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #17
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

No it's not projectile just looks like a lot, kwim? It's more like a spit up. I will tell her to watch the her weight though and make sure that's not a factor. Honestly I think she's fine I just wanted to be sure there was nothing to worry about. KWIM? Shes a worry wart and so is her mother. I love them though and I just wanted to be sure for myself that nothing was different about that.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #18
MeliMom22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Little Guy is 7 months old & is still spitting up! Dr. said if there doesn't seem to be any discomfort than there really isn't anything to worry about. Could take up to a year to out grow. My LLL group said that I might have a strong let down & if I stop him as I'm letting down & catch the milk with a towel or something & then let him latch back on after, that it might help. I never tried it...but it might work for your friend!? Good luck!
Catriona Grace 07/09
MeliMom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #19
kknutzen
Registered Users
seller

My DS spit up a lot all the time until I quite eating diary. He was so much better then and by a year outgrew the sensitivity. Cutting it out might be something to try. It takes a couple of weeks for all the protein to be out of the BM so she'll have to be patient with the trial.

check out our favorite bibs made by DS's Nana http://mmklabough.blogspot.com/
kknutzen is offline   Reply With Quote