Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #341
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

I am so thrilled to be finding this thread. I just shared what was going on in our lives with another DS mama on here- and she directed me to this thread!

Will come back later to share our changing story later, just wanted to stop in

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #342
MrsTWhite
Registered Users
seller

Hi, I'm Tara, my husband and I have been married two and half years. We have on son, who will be one next week, and just found out we are expecting number two in November. We came to the decision to leave our family planning up to God about five months after we were married, and five months after that I was pregnant. we only have one family near us who are also leaving their family to God, and while I am grateful to have them, I also struggle with jealousy some, because they seem to be so much more fertile than we are. We are the same age, and they have been blessed with four girls (including a set of twins) and are expecting number five this summer. So, for me, this journey is challenging not only in the "what if we have 20 kids?" But also in that we don't try to influence our family size or timing at all, so if it takes longer than I would like to get pregnant, I have to rely onGod for that as well. Our family is not at al supportive and my father is not above making comments and making my husband feel like he is irresponsible or a bad provider because we continue to have children on what he considers and inadequate budget. He just has different priorities. We are super excited about our new baby but hesitate to tell the family because we don't want to be drug down my their negativity. :/
MrsTWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #343
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Alyssa and Tara! Welcome! I am so glad that you both are joining us!

Tara, our job is to please God and not man. My parents used to be very negative about it but now they are our biggest supporters. I think its the children that have changed thier hearts
Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #344
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller

So glad to see others joining in this conversation!!! I was beginning to think everybody had left this topic to die!
There is so much wisdom to be had here!
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #345
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #346
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here's our story...kind of

My husband and I had a vasectomy done after the birth of our third child. It was my 3rd section (another story for another day), and it took over 2 hours. My body was a mess from the prior sections. And so the "right, medical" decision, urged on by medical professionals, was to have my husband "fixed"

Fast forward to about 6 months ago. My husband and I over the past 3 years have been truly taking our faith as our own (grew up in Christian homes, fell along the way (we were 15 and 16 when we had our first- got married at 17 and 18 and had two more littles by the time I was 19)...and about 6 months ago, my husband became repentant over taking the pen out of God's hands, and deciding to shun His blessings. He began praying in earnest that I too would see it, and would desire to have more children along side him so we could pray together for God to forgive us. 5 months later(so last month) I finally mentioned to him that I was starting to see that what we had done was wrong. I wouldn't say I am fully there yet (I take way longer on things than he does...oops! :/)- but last month, I told him I wanted more babies with him if that is what God wants. My husband started bawling. I was shocked! I didn't realize just how much this had hurt him, and how strong of a desire he has for more little ones!

Well, we briefly looked into reversals, but it didn't seem right. So we chose to start praying that God would work through our V, and give us a child regardless, since He can do whatever He wants

We had only spoken with a few other people about it (non family, and just our two close couple friends and my best friend)- and one of the couples felt led to pray along side us. This couple lives by faith so much- God has met their needs time and time again. (They live with very little and very frugally). Well, they began praying with us and we moved on.

Two Saturdays ago, they came over for lunch. And before they left, they told us they had something for us. They pull out a $5,000 check and told us that it was not their money and that God provided that money specifically for us. We couldn't deny it, they would not take it back, and regardless of what we did with it, they love us, however they felt it was provided for a reversal.

So, we are in the process of trying to get down to MO (we are from MA) to have a reversal done by another Christian who had a V done years back, realized the error, and got a reversal. And he feels it is his calling to provide reversals to others that feel the same way at a discounted cost. He is pretty booked, and it looks like it will be a few months at least before we can get him in, but yeah...

That's our long winded story

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #347
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

So I posted here many months ago. So I thought I would update. I struggle with wanting more children, and hubs not wanting more. (I'm a christian, he is not.) Well although he didn't want anymore, he still wasn't preventing (and never has) and due to my beliefs, I refuse to do anything to my body to prevent it either. Well here we are 6mo. pregnant with our 5th child. I couldn't be more thankful. I'm sure I will comment back after this child is born about how DH doesn't want anymore or is getting a V and how my heart is breaking, but right now, I am going to try not to think about all that and just be content with this extra blessing that I didn't think I would really get ever. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I'm so excited to be carrying another little baby, and really never thought that I would.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #348
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Alyssa!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL testimony!!! And the story isn't over yet- cant wait to see what God does! Gosh I started crying so happy for you!

Lexy- VERY happy for your number 5 too and remember just take it one day at a time mama :hug: keep us posted with lots of pictures when your special blessing arrives!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #349
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praise God!! That is so awesome! God is SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post

My husband and I had a vasectomy done after the birth of our third child. It was my 3rd section (another story for another day), and it took over 2 hours. My body was a mess from the prior sections. And so the "right, medical" decision, urged on by medical professionals, was to have my husband "fixed"

Fast forward to about 6 months ago. My husband and I over the past 3 years have been truly taking our faith as our own (grew up in Christian homes, fell along the way (we were 15 and 16 when we had our first- got married at 17 and 18 and had two more littles by the time I was 19)...and about 6 months ago, my husband became repentant over taking the pen out of God's hands, and deciding to shun His blessings. He began praying in earnest that I too would see it, and would desire to have more children along side him so we could pray together for God to forgive us. 5 months later(so last month) I finally mentioned to him that I was starting to see that what we had done was wrong. I wouldn't say I am fully there yet (I take way longer on things than he does...oops! :/)- but last month, I told him I wanted more babies with him if that is what God wants. My husband started bawling. I was shocked! I didn't realize just how much this had hurt him, and how strong of a desire he has for more little ones!

Well, we briefly looked into reversals, but it didn't seem right. So we chose to start praying that God would work through our V, and give us a child regardless, since He can do whatever He wants

We had only spoken with a few other people about it (non family, and just our two close couple friends and my best friend)- and one of the couples felt led to pray along side us. This couple lives by faith so much- God has met their needs time and time again. (They live with very little and very frugally). Well, they began praying with us and we moved on.

Two Saturdays ago, they came over for lunch. And before they left, they told us they had something for us. They pull out a $5,000 check and told us that it was not their money and that God provided that money specifically for us. We couldn't deny it, they would not take it back, and regardless of what we did with it, they love us, however they felt it was provided for a reversal.

So, we are in the process of trying to get down to MO (we are from MA) to have a reversal done by another Christian who had a V done years back, realized the error, and got a reversal. And he feels it is his calling to provide reversals to others that feel the same way at a discounted cost. He is pretty booked, and it looks like it will be a few months at least before we can get him in, but yeah...

Old 03-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #350
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post

What a blessing!
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is online now   Reply With Quote