Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #91
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ♥♥ February Garden chat ♥♥

Chicken manure has to be well composted before adding plants. It is very strong and will burn plants. Rabbit droppings are mild and can be added strait into your garden, they act like slow release fertilizer. Our fave for feeding the garden is fish emulsion and compost tea.

Advertisement

vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #92
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay! We got the garden extendedyesterday and 90% of it tilled. Hope tomorrows freeze will help kills off any overwintering ickies. I Had soooooo much stuff tossed out there. All winters coop cleanout, and all winters brooder chips too. I really hope it helps fluff the soil up. It really needed the nutrients too. Got my shipments from bakercreek too! woohoo! I went and bought more onion sets, didn't have enough. my potatoes are going wild and seriously need to be planted. We had so many extra, this winter I boild tons of them for warm treats for the girls. I'm so glad we had them. I even had PLENTY left for planting this year so no more money spent there! Getting so excited! I love winter, but really wanna be out there the whole day and enjoying the natural antidepresant-aka. the sun! I feel like that's my church.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #93
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I love winter, but really wanna be out there the whole day and enjoying the natural antidepresant-aka. the sun! I feel like that's my church.
I love winter too! That's the first time I've heard someone call being outdoors, their "church", lol. How long are you able to be outside each day?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #94
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My neck and back injuries hold me back, but we have a huge garage type building we built for resting. We have a wood stove for winter and warm up, go play, again and again. Then summer we keep food and drinks in there so we pretty much spend the whole day. This is our first planing seasion as hs'ers. We are normally done for the most part by 10-11 ish, depending. I can't wait till spring when we get going earlier and we can be done earlier! Then we can go out. Last year I was out there as soon as the sun was up. I'll miss that. But, at least I'll have the boys here to spend the day with. It really is my church, lol.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote