Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Best Juicer?

There's always the argument of heat from high speed blades would destroy the nutrients but I'm with the side that say it doesn't get hot enough. Either way since we wanted to do a lot of greens we opted for the masticating. Though there are some really expensive ones like the Norwalk that cost around $3,000.

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #12
xlynnex
Registered Users

I love my Breville as well.
xlynnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #13
xlynnex
Registered Users

I should mention I don't know what brand but it was the only one they sold at Pottery barn.
xlynnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #14
angiepangie8298
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAki View Post
There's always the argument of heat from high speed blades would destroy the nutrients but I'm with the side that say it doesn't get hot enough. Either way since we wanted to do a lot of greens we opted for the masticating. Though there are some really expensive ones like the Norwalk that cost around $3,000.
Im with you there. I worked for a raw food deli and it would have to reach like over 100 degrees to kill enzymes and nutrients.

What does everyone like for their juice?
angiepangie8298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #15
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a jack lalane juicer and it's great. Super fast and easy. No need to chop them down. We had a juice man jr previously......wedding gift. OK but we ended up giving it away.
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like my Breville...it still works well still but the thing with holes (not sure what it's called) has dents in it now. We got it back in June. Also, I mostly juice organic carrots, but lately we've just been snacking on the carrots so the juicer hasn't gotten much use in the past few weeks! It does work fast, is a decent price on amazon ($99), but, it still takes a few minutes to set up and clean. However, we have not purchased store juice since. I'm not sure about the nutrition being lost. You lose some nutrition by juicing in the first place, IMO, though I still believe juicing occasionally and not overdoing it can have benefits since the nutrients you get enter your system even more quickly than they would with the fibre, but if you overdo it, it is a lot of concentrated sugar and that would make it not so healthy. JMO.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
midnightblue4080
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have a Vitamix, a Breville and a Hurom. We love all 3, and for different reasons. The Hurom is great for squashing all things into juice. It's the best all around "juicer", especially for making juice out of non-juicy things like spinach and carrots. Or banannas and strawberries, if you prefer.

The Breville is really awesome for all things citrus. Then we take the leftover pulp and run it through the Hurom. It quickly turns a pile of oranges, etc. into juice, and you can vary the pulp.

The Vitamix is an awesomely powerful blender that can liquidate anything. It's great for making smoothies and for evening out juices that are otherwise chunky. It makes a nice soup, and can crush ice. Theylast forever, and a used Vitamix is likely still a great machine.
midnightblue4080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
We just got a Breville juice fountain. No idea about the warranty, because we bought it used off craigslist. But it works amazingly well!
Dh broke our first juicer so I replaced it with a craigslist original omega. Hate hate hate. Bought a second breville. Do a bunch of research related to the kind of stuff you'll be juicing. Turns out the omega is a decent machine, just not for the Mean Green juice. ( spinach and kale especially)
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote