Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #11
jabmmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Indoor Swing?

I purchased the Ekorre swing from ikea as well which came with a bolt but having 12' ceilings and not wanting to mess up a ceiling anyway, I bought a sturdy floor stand for it on ebay and it worked great plus we could move it from room to room or outdoors.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
Amandamama
Registered Users

We have a door way bar kit just like the Rainy Day Play set one. We use a net swing in it with a tumble forms chair in the net swing. For typical kiddos who like to play on it, I usually hang up a wrap from it instead of the net swing.
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here is what we have:

closeup of hardware (swing hardware kit from Home Depot):

and in use:

I used a wrap (baby carrying woven wrap) here, but any strong woven fabric would work well. Because I have the wrap knotted onto rings, we can move it in and out of the way, and take it down completely, in seconds.

ETA: we are dealing with SPD as well, and this works wonders to balance him out when he is over-stimmed.

Last edited by thtr4me; 03-07-2013 at 05:28 PM.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post
Here is what we have:

closeup of hardware (swing hardware kit from Home Depot):

and in use:

I used a wrap (baby carrying woven wrap) here, but any strong woven fabric would work well. Because I have the wrap knotted onto rings, we can move it in and out of the way, and take it down completely, in seconds.

ETA: we are dealing with SPD as well, and this works wonders to balance him out when he is over-stimmed.
Is that just a normal doorway? How much weight do you think it would hold? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy one of the rainy day kits with the bar and a couple of swings or try to find a frame for our hammock chair that has been out of commission since we moved. Honestly what Kearnan really needs is something like this but he is almost 80lbs. Tharen would love it too and he is way lighter.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #15
Amandamama
Registered Users

For a child that heavy, I'd go with the swing bar from the rainy day set. It takes up to 175 lbs, so adults can use it too with a small kiddo (well, if you're light enough). I've seen doorway molding splinter & break, from weight, & the rainy day isn't dependent on the strength if your molding.
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote