Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
elmojr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: When did you start cloth diapers?

I had to wait with my son until he was about 6 weeks old in order for his OS Rumparooz that we only bought to fit. We went through way too many disposables with him, so this time When DD is due here in May we are starting from the time we get home from the hospital.

Advertisement

elmojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemybabies83 View Post
I waited until the black tar poop stopped with my daughter
We do the same.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #13
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Started around 2 weeks. The diapers were all there and ready to go, and one day we felt ready to start cloth! Haven't had to use a sposie in almost 2 years.

We'll bring cloth to the hospital and if we're ready and baby is willing we'll start with cloth. But my heart isn't set on it, so no worries if it doesn't work out for some reason.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
We started right after birth. The meconium washed right off the CD so that was never an issue for us. We'll do the same this time too.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

We started at 4 weeks. By that time DS2's belly button was all healed and I was in better shape for hand-washing dipes .
PrettyinPink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
**rachel**
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd was a month and a half. we had to use cloth because pampers baby dry had burned her bum really bad.
i started with the gerber prefolds my mom had gotten me when i was pregnant. i had no covers or any clue on how to use cloth(i would tie up the ends together with rubber bands so the prefold would not fall apart lol) . i started researching and couldn't believe all the amazing and easy ways there was to cloth. needles to say i stuck with it and we are going 6 months and strong into cloth. i love it.
**rachel** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #17
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

We started at birth. With #1 we didn't know a lot and used the gerber PFs we'd been gifted which were awful. We ended up using sposies we'd been gifted (I planned to donate or regift but with our learning curve I WAS glad to have had them) while we figured out something manageable, which ended up being flats and BSWW until I started sewing diapers. Even in sposies I never let them sit in pee or change on a schedule, I change every time they go. We counted 32 diapers a day with #1 on average. The cost savings and trash production just cemented how much we wanted to CD.

With #2 we CD'ed from birth and didn't touch a sposie till 14-15 months when we did an extended camping trip with no good way to wash diapers on the road. People kept telling me my stash was enough and that #1 was an abnormal pee producer so I had a smaller stash and immediately regretted it. DD went through 30+ fitteds/flats a day as well. This time I'm planning a rather large stash and we'll be CDing from birth again, hopefully a bit lower stress than the prior 2 tries.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote