Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #21
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well your in luck! I looked it up today, bc I was curious myself. This article explains how they work well:
http://mommyfootprint.com/magic-clea...-eco-friendly/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #22
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:
Re: Anyone Downsizing to Move??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post
Well your in luck! I looked it up today, bc I was curious myself. This article explains how they work well:
http://mommyfootprint.com/magic-clea...-eco-friendly/

Haha! I wondered if it was the foam acting as a extremely fine grain sandpaper, since it degrades so fast when used .

Thanks for the link Samantha!
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #23
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did anyone get any work done today? Not here! I brought a "new" vaccuum into the house today, my other one broke, so now I have 2 (until I go to the thrift store to drop the other one off....part of it still works, I'll trash the non working part and take the working part, lol)
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #24
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
I made a dent in my room & closet. I also got some storage totes for toys. The kitchen table is still piled high with stuff to pack or donate. I need to get some boxes put together & get that stuff off my table.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #25
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I listed a few things in the FSOT section, my older boys that go to PS had a snow day and it kind of threw our whole routine off.

I decided to let my tub of knits I'm been hoarding go, I'm really not good with knits and it frustrates me, so it's really not worth it right? LOL

I did manage to get 2 bags to the dumpster but part of that was regular trash so I don't feel super productive.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm thinking of getting rid of the kids kitchen set....they always play with a 3 drawer tote thing and have a garage sale or food stand from it....the poor kitchen goes unplayed with....what do you think? Get rid of it?
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #27
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

I worked for about an hour and a half in the sewing room, but had to stop all the time for the kids so not a whole lot was accomplished. I'm sure glad I'm starting now! If this is the way it's going to go, I'll need to work everyday on moving .
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #28
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
We had the packing company come to our house today to do the look through so they could estimate the cost of packing/moving. I'm not sure what I was expecting, a 'wow you have so much less stuff than every other house I've been in!' comment?
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #29
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
We had the packing company come to our house today to do the look through so they could estimate the cost of packing/moving. I'm not sure what I was expecting, a 'wow you have so much less stuff than every other house I've been in!' comment?
When the movers came to pack our stuff last year we still had 10,000 lbs of stuff even after I purged like a madwomen. I'm sure plenty was heavy furniture & appliances but still ~ wow! I spent 2011 downsizing, at least 4000 items since I did 2011 items out twice that year. O.o

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #30
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We are at the tail end of this road. I decided what I absolutely could not part with like my cookbooks and cooking supplies and the diapers. Then decided how much clothing my children and I needed. Then we got rid of the rest. I really don't have much in the way of decorations or knick knacks so not much to do with those. 1 glass basket, 1 vase, 1 wall plaque(will go once my inlaws visit the end of this month ends), 1 framed art picture(tossed it) and kids pictures. I will be tackling the sheets and blankets that followed us to the new place probably tomorrow. Then we should be down to just what we need or use.

I think despite not liking to keep a lot of things we went through a couple of dumpsters full of things. We had recently been given tons of clothing for my daughter. We got rid of around 8 bags of clothing, a couple of too small bikes, an old computer, 2 old bookcases we won't be using anymore, the too big desk our computer was on, the entertainment center I used for ds2s clothing and diapers were kept in since we were given a dresser, curtains that won't fit in our new place etc. We also nolonger have a yard to maintain so gave my sister our 1 year old lawn mower, weed eater, and other yard and gardening tools.

I know there was more but cannot remember it all. Before we had a shed, lean to, and garage to store things to be dealt with later. Apparently now is later as once out of sight it was out of mind.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 03-11-2013 at 09:11 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote