Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mini Minimalist Challenge: 3/11-3/15

The Mini Minimalist Challenge runs each week from Monday-Friday. Weekends can be used as catch up days, and would be a great time to drop off donations. Before & After pictures (or any other progress photos) are encouraged!

I will post the entire 5 days all at once, in case you would like to plan ahead or work out of order. Keep in mind that not all challenges will be relevant for every person or every home. If you find a challenge that does not need to be done, or is in an area of your home that you do not have, either consider it a day off or focus on an area that you really do need to work on.

If you're feeling extra motivated, this is also a good time to wipe down surfaces or vacuum areas that don't usually get much attention. You can consolidate items, eliminate packaging, or reorganize while working on the challenge in that area... but it's okay if you don't!

The goal will be to purge 5 things from each area. You may find more and you may find less, but you want to aim for at least 5 whenever possible. If you stick to just the minimum, you will purge 25 things from your home every week! Comment with your progress and to encourage others, and share with us your successes and struggles.

If you are new, feel free to jump right in where you are! Don't feel like you need to backtrack or catch up to us.

Week #11

Monday 3.11.13: Purge 5 items from the kids' dishes, utensils, bibs, and other eating items. If this doesn't apply, focus on an area of your kitchen that needs it.

Tuesday 3.12.13: Purge 5 items from your car. This would be a good time to restock anything that you keep in there, make sure your insurance & registration is easily accessible, that your carseats are installed correctly, and to schedule any maintenance that you may need to do.

Wednesday 3.13.13: Purge 5 items of paper clutter. We did this last week, but let's keep going with it! Don't forget about things like receipts, coupons that are expired or won't get used, magazines, etc. This would be a good time to consider setting up a command center if you don't already have one, to help control papers and mail as it comes in.

Thursday 3.14.13: Purge 5 "home maintenance" items (tools, hardware, cleaning supplies, etc.).

Friday 3.15.13: Your choice! Purge 5 items from a problem area. Focus on an area that you've been procrastinating on, that you pretend doesn't exist, that has gotten out of control, or that feels like it is too big for you to tackle because it overwhelms you. We can do it.

BONUS TASK #1: Choose at least one room and clean the windows. If you're able to, wash the curtains or dust the window treatments as well.

BONUS TASK#2: Clean under the beds! If they are bad, just choose one room to focus on this week, or vow to do one a day until they are all nice and tidy.

BONUS TASK #3: Clean under your bathroom and/or kitchen sinks. You can choose one or do them all.

BONUS TASK #4: Do one thing that you've been putting off.

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 03-10-2013 at 08:18 PM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 3/11-3/15

Did today's challenge. I swear I did his not too long ago, sheesh! I did bibs last week with clothes, so I just focused on kid dishes. We haven't used the bowls in ages, and DS no longer uses the sippies (he drinks out of his own water bottle and has for awhile, but we gave him milk in a sippy up until a couple of months ago because he would spill it).

I'm also in the middle of last week's task of cleaning my stove top. I'm planning on doing the kitchen windows tonight (again, meant to last week... washed the main curtains in there already, am going to put the pantry curtains in the washer soon, too).

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 03-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Monday: done a couple weeks ago
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
smplmama
Registered Users
seller

My van is in desperate shape. This is going to be a great week!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Worked all day yesterday. Finishing up painting the kitchen. Since that was Mondays goal (are in kitchen) I will for sure get that done this week just not today.

Saturday is car day. I'm gonna drop off donation an take it and get it washed and vacuumed. Since my mom flies in on Saturday night I want a clean car for her.

Last edited by ArronDalesMama; 03-12-2013 at 09:39 AM.
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just found this thread and love it. Yesterday i got rid of some kids plastic stuff and some sprinkles that are ancient from the back of a cabinet.
Today my car is in desperate need.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
joyfullyliving
Registered Users
seller

Just found this thread too. Needed a little kick in the tail. Here we go. My everything is in desperate need of attention...
SAHM to S 10/09 and A 8/11 and expecting #3 1/14 and wife to my

Blessed. Thankful.
joyfullyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck this week, everyone! And welcome to the newcomers.

I'm going to wait to do my car. We got a bunch of snow yesterday and it's still pretty icky out. So that can wait another day or two (or until this weekend). I'm going to do some paper clutter instead.

I cleaned 3 of the 4 windows in our kitchen, and rehung the clean curtains. I'm going to do the last window before I start dinner.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #9
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How's everyone doing?

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
smplmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
How's everyone doing?
Not so great! I haven't done anything yet! Baby is due in a month and dh and I are trying to figure out if we are moving and or switching jobs. We were planning on buying and living in a toy hauler camper for the summer and so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!