Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #21
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I love my Honda odyssey!! I wish it had stow and go seats though. Plus I wish I had the middle seat for the second row. Mine is 11yrs old and still runs and looks great. I can't imagine with hour lo's in anything else. Makes traveling easier too.

Off to grocery shop while DS is asleep.

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #22
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2
I love my Honda odyssey!! I wish it had stow and go seats though. Plus I wish I had the middle seat for the second row. Mine is 11yrs old and still runs and looks great. I can't imagine with hour lo's in anything else. Makes traveling easier too.

Off to grocery shop while DS is asleep.
I don't know of anyone that doesn't (or didn't) love theirs during the small kid stage. Several of my friends still have them for their older kids too. I think they are really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #23
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Weekly Chat ~ March 10-16

We have a Chrysler Town and Country with the stow and go seats...love them! We can just flip a seat down and away if we don't need it.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I don't know of anyone that doesn't (or didn't) love theirs during the small kid stage. Several of my friends still have them for their older kids too. I think they are really nice.

I got mine when DD was in the hospital (she ended up dying but SOO not the point of my sentence). So I had mine in the "before kids" phase.

I my Odyssey. Especially now that I know I can get a little camper that would make it a happy camper to tow!

The stow and go thing and the lack there of hasn't been an issue for me. The back seats stow and go and that is fine by me. We normally just have the second row up anyway. Now that Nathaniel is going to be joining us, that will even be more so the case. Watch I will be eating my words here in a few months when family comes out to visit.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry for the double post!

I have a question. If you are finding out the sex of your baby, and you find out you have had that gender before and have things left over from them, when are you planning on taking that stuff out?

I got into my son's newborn to 6 month size box yesterday but I am feeling a bit funny asking DH to bring it upstairs because I am only 19w 4d. I am more curious as to what I have so I know what I need and what really should have been thrown out.

So am I nesting early?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #26
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

well I haven't had the same gender...but I did take out DS's old clothes when I was around 30 weeks to see what I could use for dd

This time around we are going to go through the clothes as soon as we find out and get rid of the unwanted stuff right away.

So I'll be "nesting" around 20 weeks
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I had to pick one thing...that we probably won't be able to afford...it would be a King size bed. We bedshare and it would be nice to have that extra space. But I don't even know if that will fit in our new place or not. On the practical side....I would love a woven wrap but I will only see about that after the carseat and cloths are shopped for (if this is a girl we will need new cloths).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Sorry for the double post!

I have a question. If you are finding out the sex of your baby, and you find out you have had that gender before and have things left over from them, when are you planning on taking that stuff out?

I got into my son's newborn to 6 month size box yesterday but I am feeling a bit funny asking DH to bring it upstairs because I am only 19w 4d. I am more curious as to what I have so I know what I need and what really should have been thrown out.

So am I nesting early?
I know pretty well what we have from DS...but that is b/c I just got done organizing and packing all of it less than six months ago (when we moved). I have them all washed, folded, and in nice organized tubs by size. I am sort of a nut when it comes to keeping that stuff nice and neat. MOST of his stuff is VERY "boy" and couldn't really be used for a girl. But things like pants/jeans can easily swap for a girl so that will be good.

I will be more interested in going through our cloth to see what I want/need to replace. I know I need more covers for the under crawling age range. We never had enough with DS so I was always hand washing the covers throughout the day. And I have some really cheap pockets I want to get rid of and replace with new Sunbabies or perhaps some of my own creation.

I will be going through that stuff right when find out so that I can put word out to family what we want/need. If it is a boy I am okay with using all DS's stuff since it is not "out of style" and all of it held up really well with no stains. We have a GN swing/moby/ergo/etc so I don't have to replace that stuff. We do want a new pack-n-play though...DS spilled water in his and the cardboard support in the bottom is all warped.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #28
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

we ended up getting a king bed when DD was 4 months old. It's so much nicer to co-sleep with a bigger bed! Even now being pregnant and the nights that dd ends up in our bed.

At our lake house we have a queen and I soooo miss my king when we are up there
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #29
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Mine would be a new to me van. Our SUV seats 7, but the older kids are going to have to climb over the middle seat to get to their seats in the third row. We probably won't get anything until next year though. I don't want a payment and we are going through our savings like crazy with our move.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #30
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs

I got mine when DD was in the hospital (she ended up dying but SOO not the point of my sentence). So I had mine in the "before kids" phase.

I my Odyssey. Especially now that I know I can get a little camper that would make it a happy camper to tow!

The stow and go thing and the lack there of hasn't been an issue for me. The back seats stow and go and that is fine by me. We normally just have the second row up anyway. Now that Nathaniel is going to be joining us, that will even be more so the case. Watch I will be eating my words here in a few months when family comes out to visit.
That is how I feel too. We will always have two seats with car seats in them in the middle row. We will probably keep the back seat up so long as I can fit our double stroller behind it. And we'll fold it down when we need the extra cargo space.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote