Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Minivan question

We recently test drove both sienna and odyssey, and honda hands down was better.

Advertisement

Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have a Honda Odyssey. Honestly all my friends have them too, and most people I know compliment them, I can't say that for dodges :/ sorry. Anyways, mine is 13yrs. old and only has 102,000 miles on it. I bought it used with something over 60,000 (not 70,000 though) miles on it like 3yrs. ago, and I have never had to fix anything. I also paid $6000 for it Great deal. i don't buy from dealorships since they have to make a profit and not jsut break even and my hubs knows a lot about vehicles. I searched for 6mo. though. Was very patient, and I knew eventually someone that wasn't NEEDING more money, but what NEEDING a van anymore would just want the hassle of owning something they didn't need anymore gone. Turns out it was a man in his 40's, who's wife had died and children had moved out of the house just no longer needed a van. He had bought the van new for her and the children 13yrs. ago. He just wanted to get back what he thought was completely fair but not at a price that it would take a long time to sell if that makes sense.

Now with #5 on the way and my Honda only seating 5 children, and hubs...I think it will be crammed with every single seat being taken so I have started looking into other options. (AND all 5 of them being in car seats....4 being in 5 point harness, and 1 being in a high back booster). I personally won't buy a GAS vehicle with over 70,000 miles on it...and prefer not to buy a diesel over that either.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #23
Marie8603
Registered Users
seller

We have a Toyota Sienna and love it. Haven't had any problems with it. Bought it 3 years old and had a little over 14000miles on it and payed probably to much but $29000.
Marie8603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #24
Mom for twinkies
Registered Users
seller

We have a Honda and live it we can pack that sucker full
Mom for twinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #25
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:
When we had to replace our minivan in 2006, Toyota won out over Honda due to seating capacity.
Our Toyota seats 8. Honda had an option to have a jump seat for seating 8, but that jump seat wasn't intended for full time use.
It now has 130,000+ miles on it, and knock on wood!!! We have only had to do regular maintenance(oil, belt & fluid changes), replace tires and a couple batteries.
I do hope to get a few more years out of it!
Good luck!