Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Low progesterone

Hello all. I had low progesterone levels last time I was ttc. Does anyone know if this is something I will always be dealing with? I ended up pregnant and have a baby now but was on pills the whole first trimester

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Low progesterone

it does not always mean you will need it but i feel its better to use it again and wean off early if you are doing fine.

sometimes we get ow prog due to our food having so many chemicals, our fat levels are too low or too high, we eat soy... babies to close together. a whole bunch of reasons. so to be on the safe side, you are probably best of using it again
Old 02-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Erinne
Registered Users

My midwife recommended vitex as a natural way to try to increase my progesterone, if you wanted to try that first. You could also try charting to see how long your LP is, as if your progesterone is low, it would be shorter.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine was low last time and I needed supplements. Same thing this time around. For me I wonder if it was nursing that messed me up since I never had an issue when we TTC'd DS. Some women can have progesterone issues up to a year after stopping nursing. ITA about charting. That's how I realized quickly this time that my LP was short again, got on my supplements and got my BFP! GL, mama!
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I had low progesterone with my 2nd and was on prometrium vaginally 2 times per day till 16 weeks along. With my 3rd and 4th sons, I had no issues and did not need prometrium at all.

You can easily request a progesterone level after ovulation once you start TTCing. If it is over 10 it is good. You can also tell your doctor that you have had low progetserone in the past and are TTCing again and want a script to be on the safe side. They should give it to you with your history.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I had low progesterone with my 2nd and was on prometrium vaginally 2 times per day till 16 weeks along. With my 3rd and 4th sons, I had no issues and did not need prometrium at all.

You can easily request a progesterone level after ovulation once you start TTCing. If it is over 10 it is good. You can also tell your doctor that you have had low progetserone in the past and are TTCing again and want a script to be on the safe side. They should give it to you with your history.
Is prometrium safe while nursing?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulily View Post
Is prometrium safe while nursing?
yes