Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #361
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
Elizabeth- Our hubs sound VERY VERY similar!
I thought that same thing when I read your posts. My DH is saved ( I think I remember reading that yours is not....yet) but he's kind of coming into his own relationship with God now. It took a lot of years for that, so I'm thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
DH had a V after #3.......had it reversed.......we are now preggo for #8. He's days he's getting another V after each one. But he couldn't live with himself if he had another one.
One of DH's "friends" in particular pressures him all the time to get it done. He's very much in our business. I'm good with whatever the Lord puts on his heart, I'm much more confident now that DH is open to God's leading.

Advertisement

Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #362
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivett12 View Post
Well I am shocked. I decided to sit down and have a serious talk with my husband and was amazed to find out he felt the same way (sort of). We ended up agreeing on me taking one shot of Depo just so I have a couple months to recover and relax. Then after that we will leave it up to God. I am so happy we talked and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and understanding husband!! I just love my family so much!!! =D
That is wonderful news!! Congratulations! God CAN be trusted to provide for the blessings that He pours out in His timing. He's not going to bless you with a child and then say "well, that was fun, now you're on your own to provide for it, have fun with that!".
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #363
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH always said he wanted 2 kids, And I wanted 3. However, after we had our first child much earlier than we planned (surprise) we saw just how huge a joy he was. Now, with DS at 20 months and me 6 months pregnant with DS2, we have come to the agreement that God wasn't kidding when he said that children were a blessing. Therefore, we aren't putting a limit on the number of children we have. It's hard to imagine having more than 6 or 7, but we've decided to always be in prayer for unity about this and as long as The Lord gives us the desire for more, that we will trust that. I think when we are done, we will both know.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #364
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am just now starting to feel God leading me in this direction. I am pregnant with #5 but this has been my hardest pregnancy but far! I have had bad migraines...back pain...lots of.viruses...HG...and I am only 1/2 way there. It has been hard on DH and he mentioned he was considering a V after this baby as a result on how hard this has been.on us both. How would you handle this? I can't deny its been hard...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #365
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel
I am just now starting to feel God leading me in this direction. I am pregnant with #5 but this has been my hardest pregnancy but far! I have had bad migraines...back pain...lots of.viruses...HG...and I am only 1/2 way there. It has been hard on DH and he mentioned he was considering a V after this baby as a result on how hard this has been.on us both. How would you handle this? I can't deny its been hard...
I don't say anything but......you know how I feel, but it's your decision. And leave it at that......so far no V. But I know he really doesn't want one its just the humanistic side talking.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #366
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've never really thought about it like that, as leaving it up to God, but really it's in His hands anyways. My DH and I decided we were done the moment we found out we were having twins, and that he would get snipped, but have since talked about it and pretty much changed our minds. We do see children as a blessing, even though so much of our society doesn't. His friends have been giving him a really hard time about it, even some of the ladies we know at church. People ask him almost every day when he's going to do something about it, if we want to be the Duggars(he doesn't even know who they are, lol) and so on. I told him we should just tell everyone we are having more! I suspect no one has said as much to me as I am hugely pregnant and emotional! I'm very noncommittal if someone asks, but I don't like the pressure to be done! It's not a road I ever thought I'd walk, but what a blessing it is!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #367
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is awesome! And when people ask me if we are going to be like the Duggars I say "Someday, Lord willing! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I've never really thought about it like that, as leaving it up to God, but really it's in His hands anyways. My DH and I decided we were done the moment we found out we were having twins, and that he would get snipped, but have since talked about it and pretty much changed our minds. We do see children as a blessing, even though so much of our society doesn't. His friends have been giving him a really hard time about it, even some of the ladies we know at church. People ask him almost every day when he's going to do something about it, if we want to be the Duggars(he doesn't even know who they are, lol) and so on. I told him we should just tell everyone we are having more! I suspect no one has said as much to me as I am hugely pregnant and emotional! I'm very noncommittal if someone asks, but I don't like the pressure to be done! It's not a road I ever thought I'd walk, but what a blessing it is!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #368
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivett12 View Post
Well I am shocked. I decided to sit down and have a serious talk with my husband and was amazed to find out he felt the same way (sort of). We ended up agreeing on me taking one shot of Depo just so I have a couple months to recover and relax. Then after that we will leave it up to God. I am so happy we talked and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and understanding husband!! I just love my family so much!!! =D
That is great news! Be very cautious with depo though if you are breastfeeding, it can dry your milk up, I would do a bit of research.

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #369
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Well I haven't beem on here in a while, we are currently expecting baby number 5(in 7 years)! Due in september.

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #370
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
My last pregnancy was my most challenging (#6). I typically have easy pregnancies but since # 4 my varicose veins in one leg have gotten worse. Plus it seemed this last pregnancy I was sick a lot with one respiratory virus after another. It was very discouraging and I swore up and down that this would be my last pregnancy. Well... a few weeks after my son was born once again I felt like I could do this again. I've really been delving into my Bible to see what God says about it. Every time I question what we're doing God brings a sermon or an article or something to my attention to remind me that this is His plan.

Just as an aside...I recently bought the book Family Unplanning just for some encouragement. Before I got the book I briefly thought to myself "wonder what our week will look like after I get done reading it". I knew that we'd had a rough week right before my dh got his V reversal so I was trying to prepare myself (the enemy hates to see families grow). Anyhow, so I read the book and not long after we had a major chimney fire, lost power, all got the stomach bug, and dh has had a rough go of it at work. Fun times! However, with the chimney fire we will get to repair some things that needed to be done and thankfully it happened when it did and no one was hurt. I know more than ever that we need to stay the course!

It's so easy to get discouraged. I'm feeling a bit of that today after my 7 month old stayed up most of the night. This is temporal though. Yes, it's uncomfortable (I need my sleep after all) but when I think that I'm raising an immortal soul for God's kingdom and remember that it's not all about me, the job is all the more worthwhile. It seems like forever when you're in the moment but oh how fast it goes.

Just hoping to send a little encouragement to whomever needs it this morning. Unfortunately I need it on a regular basis and I know I can't be the only one. Mamas, you are the only ones who can do this job the way it needs to be done and in spite of our mistakes, you are doing an amazing job. Keep on keepin' on and you will reap the benefits!

Mom to:
ds17, dd14, ds11, dd10, dd5, ds4, dd2 & ds 7 mos.
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote