Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Covers and Fitteds

Window cleaner...
2 TBLS white vinegar into a quart of water. I put this into a spray bottle, spray on glass or mirror, and use newspaper crumbled up to wipe it off. Don't use the funny pages because the color will bleed.

To clean brass, I use ketchup or Louisiana hot sauce.

To get stickers off, put vinegar on a cotton ball and rub it onto the sticker. I use a steak knife and kind of scratch the sticker, this helps the vinegar get into the stickiness of the sticker. Don't scratch too deep because you could scratch the paint or surface underneath. It might take several applications of vinegar for the sticker to peel right off.

If your hands are real dirty, like if you were planting in a garden or child was digging worms, lol, put oatmeal in hands and rub good, then wash with soap and water... Or put salt in hands, add dish soap, NO WATER, and scrub real good, then wash as normal. I don't use the salt on LOs because they usually have a scratch, sore, or other owie that the salt burns.

I have more, lmk, I have lots

nana2peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #22
Registered Users

My favorite recipe to mop my kitchen floor:

drop of dish soap
1/4 cup vinegar
hot water
keidlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #23
Registered Users

I'm a huge fan of half a spray bottle of vinegar, half water. I usually add a couple drops of essential oil to the bottle, otherwise my husband complains that the house smells like easter eggs!

I also use vinegar, Oxi-Clean and water to clean up stains on the carpet or couch. And I add vinegar to the fabric softener cup in the washing machine!
Tina, wife to D, Mom to G, another baby coming in August, and stepmom to D
lovemuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
Registered Users

awesome lotto! My fave is my laundry detergent: 1 c borax, 1 c washing soda, 1 c oxyclean.
ohrebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
Registered Users

Glass Cleaner

1/4c vinegar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 quart warm water

Pour solution into a spray bottle and use newspaper to clean windows & mirrors, newspaper leaves everything lint & streak free! I've heard that coffee filters work too but I've never tried I always use newspaper all the flyers & junk mail we get work great!
chimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:

Wow...Curious George, winning would be awesome! I'll share my conditioner.

Equal parts EVOO and honey with a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix it well, apply to hair for at least 30 mins (usually a few hrs for me) then rinse and shampoo. I do this a couple of times per week as well as the coconut oil treatment that's all over Pinterest about 2x per week.

Thanks for the chance to win!!!
Rebecca, wife & partner to R mom to J , K , I & M Ebates
Honest Diaper Co.
robeccajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:

Great lotto!

I combine vinegar, borax, and water and use as a household cleaner.
Wife to my sweet DH & Mom to our rainbow DS and miracle DD
Get $15 credit at schoola or $10 credit at ThredUp with me. Great cheap clothing for a good cause
neuro_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #28
Registered Users

This is my first lotto to enter! I use vinegar in the rinse agent spot in my dishwasher. I think it works better than the jet dry we were using (and paying a fortune for)!
Aecook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #29
Registered Users

I've already entered bite e tried a new recipe that worked!!
Carpet cleaner (used in my machine np)
1 c borax dissolved in 1 c vinegar topped with hot water, I hear my vinegar as well since my machine doesn't have a hearing element... Poured into my machine and cleans carpet-- no more stinky room!!! Worked like a charm, and super fresh!!
AntonyaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #30
Registered Users
My Mood:
Entering! Here is what we have been using for the shower: equal parts dawn and vinegar. It's like a bleach alternative or something. I use it in a dish scrubber that holds soap in the handle, then I can scrub shower once a week or so while I'm in there!
Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
bmacnak is offline   Reply With Quote