Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #211
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nope you didn't kill the thread. My chart is jacked and I can't make heads or tails. I don't know if I'm coming or going these days...

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #212
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More February

You didn't kill the thread...I actually held off posting b/c it seemed like everybody had a lot of emotional & regular life stuff going on & needed a breather.

I had my retrieval this morning. They had wanted to hold off until tomorrow or Saturday, but my estrogen go too high & they had to do it today. I don't mean to be ungracious, but they "only" got 8 eggs (they got 14 before & I put 2 back & had 2 to freeze) & I won't know anything else until tomorrow. They used Betadine prep today (woohoo for no firecrotch!), but I'm in a little more abdominal discomfort than I was last time. Oh, and they ordered progesterone injections (in addition to the Crinone) that DP will have to shoot me with. She's nervous, which makes me nervous; should be great They'll let me know tomorrow when to come back for the transfer...fx that they can put back 2 again!
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #213
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DF informed me today that he doesn't want anymore children now because he doesn't feel like a good enough provider :-/ He was laid off a month ago and has just now found a new job that he'll be starting in another week, but he's just too depressed about it all. I'm only a month away from being 27. I've got a lot to think about with our relationship unfortunately if he really feels this way...
Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #214
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry everyone is at such a rough point. We're waiting again and as always. Went and had blood drawn last week to have the gene karyotyping done. So it's a 2-4 week wait for results. Have my surgery schedualed for Thursday. So I'm desperately trying to get cleaned up from being out of town last week and ready so I can be out the end of this week too. Luckily then it's spring break so I have the week off without missing work. But I also need to get lesson plans done in case I need longer than a week. So just super busy trying to get everything and every body ready for me to be gone.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #215
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Carrie- Did you transfer??? Thinking of you!

Laurel- I bet you can't wait to have Thursday over with! Hope it goes smooth for you!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #216
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13 View Post
DF informed me today that he doesn't want anymore children now because he doesn't feel like a good enough provider :-/ He was laid off a month ago and has just now found a new job that he'll be starting in another week, but he's just too depressed about it all. I'm only a month away from being 27. I've got a lot to think about with our relationship unfortunately if he really feels this way...
Hang in there- I am 38- I think you have plenty of time. Infertility was pretty tough on our marriage and we both had moments where we wanted to give up. In the end, it was all worth it for us and our relationship is stronger for it.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #217
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Carrie, I have been thinking about you as well. I hope things went or go well.

Laurel, you will do fine. I'm glad you are so close to your day now though so you can get it over with. How are the lambs doing? I love it when they are so young and goofy with too much energy.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #218
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Hang in there- I am 38- I think you have plenty of time. Infertility was pretty tough on our marriage and we both had moments where we wanted to give up. In the end, it was all worth it for us and our relationship is stronger for it.
I need to keep hearing this too. We've been arguing constantly lately, which is COMPLETELY out of the norm for us. I'm not sure it's the stress of everythign or the supplemental testosterone they have dh on is just making him mean. He's usually very mellow but lately he's just edgy and wants to argue and be right about everything. Totally not acting like himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkasheeba View Post
Carrie, I have been thinking about you as well. I hope things went or go well.

Laurel, you will do fine. I'm glad you are so close to your day now though so you can get it over with. How are the lambs doing? I love it when they are so young and goofy with too much energy.
Been wondering if Carrie had the transfer too.

I'm hoping it all goes well. Just really worried that I'll end up having to stay overnight and that my recovery will be longer than planned. Everyone at work keeps asking why I didn't just wait until summer to have it done (summer is a modified contract so I have more time off- but I still work). It's hard to explain that I don't want to put other treatments off until later or that I'm tired of having my summers taken up with surgery. Three of my last 5 summers have involved recovering from surgery. SOOO hoping this works. And I wish my genetic tests would hurry up and get back so I know the plan. It's not like it speeds anything up since we'll have to wait for my cycle to get back to normal, but I still just want to know the plan.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #219
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Laurel, I'm thinking of you.

Infertility has been really hard on our marriage. Thats a huge part of why we decided not to try for a while.

I'm here, reading, but I am really struggling. I have had major anxiety lately and have started having panic attacks. It doesn't help that work is really stressful too, and I'm just not handling it well at all. I am really looking forward to summer break and a bit more relaxed atmosphere.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #220
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks ladies!

Yup, had my transfer this morning. So they retrieved 8 eggs, injected 7, 4 grew. I wasn't feeling fantastic & I'm pretty sure I had some mild OHSS (plenty of fluids & tons of salty food helped). I thought I was going to have to go to the transfer by myself b/c DP had some meetings at work, but she unexpectedly had a snow day. That was good, except we were stuck on the highway for.ev.er. b/c of accidents. Anyway, having a driver meant I could take the Valium they gave me (WTH, I didn't think I was THAT bad the first time ). Of the 4 blasts, 3 were growing well & 1 was a little gimpy. The doctor recommended transferring 2 of the "good" blasts but said that it was pretty much a sure thing that only 1 of the remainders would freeze--so he let me transfer that one as well. And DP & I got to go out to lunch together, she dropped me off for a massage, picked DD up from DC a little early, and it was overall a great day.

I go back for my beta a week from Thursday, so fx!

And yeah, infertility (and in my case, especially the treatment) is a huge relationship strain...Now, my levels were whacked this time anyway, but I got to the point this cycle where I was so depressed and dysphoric that I was just ready to walk away--from home, marriage, motherhood, all of it. I knew it was the meds, but there was nothing I could do about it...and the irony that I felt like this in order to have another child was not lost on me . As soon as I stopped stimming, I felt 100x better. I can imagine that it would be even harder to handle if we were going back & forth on whether to TTC or not.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote