Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #271
IsaacsMom2009's Avatar
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 4,919
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatreestar

okay so i called the auto loan co and they said they would remove it. now should i withdraw my dispute that i filed ?
Nope. Leave it. That way if they don't change it, it will remind them, and if they've already done that, then the bureau will know.

Advertisement

__________________
Kearson: Mama to DS (03/09). I leave feedback if it is left for me first, due to my issues with people doing it incorrectly. Can't stand those yellow notepad icons .
IsaacsMom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #272
IsaacsMom2009's Avatar
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 4,919
My Mood:
Emails sent
__________________
Kearson: Mama to DS (03/09). I leave feedback if it is left for me first, due to my issues with people doing it incorrectly. Can't stand those yellow notepad icons .
IsaacsMom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #273
kandbcase's Avatar
kandbcase
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,741
My Mood:
Re: Who Needs Credit Report Help?

Ok, so we're in the process of trying to up our credit to get a mortgage, pulled credit reports & paid off some collections DH had (before I read this thread, although they were his debts, so hopefully all is good). There's only 1 last collection on his credit report that we haven't paid, so yay! Except for one problem, today in the mail he got a letter from a collection agency for a debt to DirecTV, he says he probably did have DirecTV at some point in the past, so he may owe them money, but from what I can find its past their SOL, not sure exactly how it works, but is it the state he used services in? Since he can't remember for sure it was either in GA('04- SOL 6yrs), AZ('06- SOL 6yrs) or TX('07- SOL 4yrs), but all of these we'd be past the SOL. Anyway, can we pull a new credit report for free? Or are they just trying to collect the debt?
__________________
~Kim~ Army wife to Brandon, mama to Aaron ('05) & JoAnne ('08) & Rylee ('11)!
kandbcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #274
lookatreestar's Avatar
lookatreestar
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: az
Posts: 3,411
Re: Who Needs Credit Report Help?

yay, so on score watch my score already went up 20 points! it also shows my dispute should be settled by tomorrow. woot! thanks again for the quick advice it saved me from having to make a username on the myfico forums.
__________________
happily married mama enjoying life with my dd 4/7/07 and my ds 6/7/09

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #275
B's Mommy's Avatar
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,474
My Mood:
Re: Who Needs Credit Report Help?

We sent a request to validate a $2700 debt that was on DH's credit report back in 2011. He said he doesn't think it was his to begin with, and they never got back to us at all after we sent them the validation stuff, they simply removed it from his credit report. I get a letter today saying we owe the IRS $1200 from something we didn't report on our 2011 taxes. I get to looking at it, and it says Bank of America "forgave" the $2700 debt and then reported it to the IRS! BULL! It wasn't his debt! Please tell me I have some recourse! Can they do this?! We DON'T have $1200 - our return we got this year is already spent (siding for the house).
__________________
[B]
Wife to my best friend & Mommy to three beautiful girls, two with us, and one in heaven.
B's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #276
IsaacsMom2009's Avatar
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 4,919
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy
We sent a request to validate a $2700 debt that was on DH's credit report back in 2011. He said he doesn't think it was his to begin with, and they never got back to us at all after we sent them the validation stuff, they simply removed it from his credit report. I get a letter today saying we owe the IRS $1200 from something we didn't report on our 2011 taxes. I get to looking at it, and it says Bank of America "forgave" the $2700 debt and then reported it to the IRS! BULL! It wasn't his debt! Please tell me I have some recourse! Can they do this?! We DON'T have $1200 - our return we got this year is already spent (siding for the house).
If b of a forgave a debt, you should have gotten some sort of form at the end of 2011 for it to include with your taxes. If you didn't, call the IRS and tell them what happened. Tell them you think the forgiveness and the debt are inaccurate. Do you have any info about the original debt?
__________________
Kearson: Mama to DS (03/09). I leave feedback if it is left for me first, due to my issues with people doing it incorrectly. Can't stand those yellow notepad icons .
IsaacsMom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #277
deezee02
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,730
My Mood:
Sent you a pm!
__________________
Mel, SAHM to DS 10/06, Hyploplastic Left Heart Syndrome, DD 7/09, & DS 8/11. Come earn extra cash with me!!!!!!!ebates swagging .
deezee02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #278
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,348
My Mood:
Re: Who Needs Credit Report Help?

I have a BIG problem. I offered to start making payments on a $2K medical bill that I got sent collection notices for. I am paying $75/month. I unfortunately will not be able to continue paying the $75 in a couple months when I will have to stop doing daycare and be home full time, not working, and on bed rest.

I called my rep. at the collection agency, and told her my situation. She said that $75 is the least I can pay per month, and if I pay under $75, I will be 'defaulting' on the collection. I COMPLETELY disagree with that. There is no way people lose their jobs and aren't able to change the amount they pay collection agencies. I have 3 other people I am paying as well, and need to lower those, but this one is the largest.

What do I do? I have thought about asking for a signed letter stating what she said. I'm just not sure what to do.... I'm not telling her I can't pay ANYHTING, I'm just saying it will be significantly lower, just enough to keep paying while I have no work and will be home. Please help.
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #279
ulawolf's Avatar
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 3,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I have a BIG problem. I offered to start making payments on a $2K medical bill that I got sent collection notices for. I am paying $75/month. I unfortunately will not be able to continue paying the $75 in a couple months when I will have to stop doing daycare and be home full time, not working, and on bed rest.

I called my rep. at the collection agency, and told her my situation. She said that $75 is the least I can pay per month, and if I pay under $75, I will be 'defaulting' on the collection. I COMPLETELY disagree with that. There is no way people lose their jobs and aren't able to change the amount they pay collection agencies. I have 3 other people I am paying as well, and need to lower those, but this one is the largest.

What do I do? I have thought about asking for a signed letter stating what she said. I'm just not sure what to do.... I'm not telling her I can't pay ANYHTING, I'm just saying it will be significantly lower, just enough to keep paying while I have no work and will be home. Please help.
She actually may be right. Because you set up payment arrangements you would be defaulting to pay less than that. I would however call and continue to speak to managers and you might get someone willing to help. Stay calm and p professional. They want something rather than nothing however they won't make it easy
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #280
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,348
My Mood:
Re: Who Needs Credit Report Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
She actually may be right. Because you set up payment arrangements you would be defaulting to pay less than that. I would however call and continue to speak to managers and you might get someone willing to help. Stay calm and p professional. They want something rather than nothing however they won't make it easy
Bummer. I should have stuck to my guns when it came to the amount I could initially pay. I told her $40-$60 was the MOST I could do, but she insisted on $75 and not $60. Of course she is very rude and demanding, and didn't budge, so it intimidated me. Hubby said he should be able to cover my bills while I am not working, but it leaves us hardly anything at the end of the month. Definitely need to start working harder towards establishing a debt snowball, and doing any kind of work I can to get stuff paid off. So overwhelming when we have so much!
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.