Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #371
trivett12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaGirl7 View Post
That is great news! Be very cautious with depo though if you are breastfeeding, it can dry your milk up, I would do a bit of research.

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone
Oh wow I didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know. I will be doing more research about that! =D

Advertisement

trivett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #372
CharmedMama
Registered Users
Formerly: a*b*ss
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivett12 View Post
Oh wow I didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know. I will be doing more research about that! =D
Just another note about depo, it can take away your fertility up to about a year and a half after just one shot. Not sure if that would bother you or not. I was on depo before I got married. I had rough periods, and my Gyno suggested it to keep them away. I only had maybe two shots of it. I met my husband, and we discussed not using birth control when we got married. I quit taking the shots. I had a difficult time getting pregnant with our first. I had really long cycles, up to 75 days, and no ovulation for the longest time. Just wanted to mention all of this as depo is pretty rough on your body. I would certainly do my research before deciding.

That being said, I am currently expecting our fourth baby within 6.5 years of marriage. God has blessed us tremendously! :]
Old 03-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #373
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedMama View Post
Just another note about depo, it can take away your fertility up to about a year and a half after just one shot. Not sure if that would bother you or not.
I second that! It took at least a year and a half, if not two years for me to cycle again after I took it.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #374
trivett12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow I certainly don't want to wait a year and a half. We are wanting to try again (intentionally this time lol) in a year. My husband and I are going to look into some other means for the first couple months instead of the Depo shot then. Thanks for letting me know!!!
trivett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #375
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneduckstuck5 View Post
My last pregnancy was my most challenging (#6). I typically have easy pregnancies but since # 4 my varicose veins in one leg have gotten worse. Plus it seemed this last pregnancy I was sick a lot with one respiratory virus after another. It was very discouraging and I swore up and down that this would be my last pregnancy. Well... a few weeks after my son was born once again I felt like I could do this again. I've really been delving into my Bible to see what God says about it. Every time I question what we're doing God brings a sermon or an article or something to my attention to remind me that this is His plan.

Just as an aside...I recently bought the book Family Unplanning just for some encouragement. Before I got the book I briefly thought to myself "wonder what our week will look like after I get done reading it". I knew that we'd had a rough week right before my dh got his V reversal so I was trying to prepare myself (the enemy hates to see families grow). Anyhow, so I read the book and not long after we had a major chimney fire, lost power, all got the stomach bug, and dh has had a rough go of it at work. Fun times! However, with the chimney fire we will get to repair some things that needed to be done and thankfully it happened when it did and no one was hurt. I know more than ever that we need to stay the course!

It's so easy to get discouraged. I'm feeling a bit of that today after my 7 month old stayed up most of the night. This is temporal though. Yes, it's uncomfortable (I need my sleep after all) but when I think that I'm raising an immortal soul for God's kingdom and remember that it's not all about me, the job is all the more worthwhile. It seems like forever when you're in the moment but oh how fast it goes.

Just hoping to send a little encouragement to whomever needs it this morning. Unfortunately I need it on a regular basis and I know I can't be the only one. Mamas, you are the only ones who can do this job the way it needs to be done and in spite of our mistakes, you are doing an amazing job. Keep on keepin' on and you will reap the benefits!
this post! thank you!!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #376
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176
I second that! It took at least a year and a half, if not two years for me to cycle again after I took it.
This is something no one told me when I got on it at 20. We struggled to conceive our first for two years (23 when she was born), and then had a surprise second pregnancy when she was 6 months (I was 24 when he was born). We thought we had fertility issues! It wasn't until I mentioned it to my OB after he was born that I learned it can really throw things out of whack for a while.

Last edited by Dory; 03-13-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #377
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are sort of in this group, in that we pray about whether to try to have more, but otherwise use condoms w/ NFP. I can't even begin to express how afraid I am to have more because of losing 3 but I followed my husband's prayers and his leading that God wanted us to try again and we have James. We've felt like since we've been blessed with James that we should do the same thing, which is using protect until if/when God leads my husband not to.

I did not want to try for James. I would have been extremely angry with my husband if we'd lost another- as in "why did you make me go through this AGAIN?"

I would love more kids, but I'm not sure I'd want to live if I lost another child. I struggle with fear and my faith and trust in God. I've felt so distant from God because losing my 3 sons. It's been a difficult struggle. Anyway, prayers would be appreciated.

I know just how far I've fallen and I'm working on crawling back and opening myself up to letting go and letting God carry me.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #378
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl
We are sort of in this group, in that we pray about whether to try to have more, but otherwise use condoms w/ NFP. I can't even begin to express how afraid I am to have more because of losing 3 but I followed my husband's prayers and his leading that God wanted us to try again and we have James. We've felt like since we've been blessed with James that we should do the same thing, which is using protect until if/when God leads my husband not to.

I did not want to try for James. I would have been extremely angry with my husband if we'd lost another- as in "why did you make me go through this AGAIN?"

I would love more kids, but I'm not sure I'd want to live if I lost another child. I struggle with fear and my faith and trust in God. I've felt so distant from God because losing my 3 sons. It's been a difficult struggle. Anyway, prayers would be appreciated.

I know just how far I've fallen and I'm working on crawling back and opening myself up to letting go and letting God carry me.
and I will be praying for you.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #379
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

These are all wonderful testimonies! I love hearing them!

So true about finances. I also stay home with our soon to be 5 and hubs is a manual laborer and doesn't make much. But google has God been sooooooo good to us! Wow!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #380
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not google!!!!! Lol. Gohlee*