Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
advice about happy heiny's stactinator fleece

I have two newborn Stactinantor fleece covers by Happy Heiny's. I am nervous about using them, as I put a prefold in one, and poured some warm water on it, and it went straight through the fleece. So I used a fabric softner sheet to help water proof them, I tried one with a fitted this time (Mutt) and then tried the other with a GMD newborn prefold and it seemed to work fine. So, maybe they just needed some fabric softner. I poured about 1/3 cup of warm water so the fitted and prefold were pretty wet.

Does anyone have experience with this particular cover? Baby is due in May, so the best I can do is experiment at home.

Advertisement

Last edited by nebraskamom; 03-15-2013 at 07:59 PM.
nebraskamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

I used them on my oldest 6 years ago. They worked great. I'd like to find one for my dd now but don't see a print I want.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: advice about happy heiny's stactinator fleece

If anyone wants these, i have a ton in small and newborn to unload FFs. Brand new.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I used a large with DD, and like any fleece or wool cover, it's really about what's underneath that counts! I loved it, an we didn't have a dryer when I used it so I never "coated" it with anything but hand washing with a little bit of bar soap from time to time.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a large one that is really old, and pretty much all the elastic is shot. It's VERY gentle I love it, I trifold a Medium SBish bamboo flat in it for nights. My son has PLed during the day, but he needs a little something for nights.

I, personally, never felt that a pinned or snappi'd PF was adequate under a fleece cover -- even thick fleece like the 2-layer Stacinator I have. Trifolded PF, or PF w/a doubler, worked pretty well.

But definitely give it a shot! Fleece breathes better than PUL, so is great for giving your baby's skin much-needed air circulation

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yea they're great but as good as the diaper underneath. Newborns pee so much and need to be changes so often I never found it to be a problem just using prefolds.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great! I love how gentle and soft they are. I wanted something so comfy for the newborn stage. I think I'll use them mostly under my mutts, and save the prefolds to be used with my thirsties and imse vimse cover. My stash is mostly AiO and Ai2 anyway.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to be looking into your fleece for the next size if we decide to go that route after baby is born Your work is adorable, I especially love the "glee" emoticon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
I have a large one that is really old, and pretty much all the elastic is shot. It's VERY gentle I love it, I trifold a Medium SBish bamboo flat in it for nights. My son has PLed during the day, but he needs a little something for nights.

I, personally, never felt that a pinned or snappi'd PF was adequate under a fleece cover -- even thick fleece like the 2-layer Stacinator I have. Trifolded PF, or PF w/a doubler, worked pretty well.

But definitely give it a shot! Fleece breathes better than PUL, so is great for giving your baby's skin much-needed air circulation
Old 03-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

pming you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
If anyone wants these, i have a ton in small and newborn to unload FFs. Brand new.