Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

The Thirsties worked overnight!

I had Itsy in the Thirsties prefold wrapped around a padfolded Hemp Babies flat from about 10 pm to 7 am this morning. The diaper was soaked except for the top 1" in the back (she's a tummy sleeper), but the wool wasn't even damp.

Granted, she didn't wake up to drink water last night like she usually does, but I'll take it as a success anyway.

Did I mention that it was trim (for an overnight dipe)? I was actually able to use the middle and first snap settings on the wrap, whereas so far I've been putting them on the very last. This means I'll be able to get more life out of the cover before she "outgrows" it.

Also, somebody asked on another thread why take the seam out of the Thirsties and I want to point out that the rise is not high enough on Itsy. Without that seam I was able to fold it in such a way that it provided more coverage in the back.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Thirsties worked overnight!

We use them at night too! We even used them on my oldest daughter at 2.5 yrs old before she potty trained. We use the size 2 in a Blueberry pocket on my 8 month old and no leaks!

I agree with you, they are much more customizable with the seam ripped. Glad it worked for you!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
ashleyg103
Registered Users

We love our thirsties prefolds at night! Just started trifolding them in a meos with a fleece topped bamboo liner under wool and NO MORE LEAKS!!!!
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im so glad you gals posted this. I caved with MomBeck's sale and got half a dozen to try them out. Do you think they would be good for a little one or better for a bigger baby?
If this LO turns out the super soaker that my first was im in for a heck of a ride when he starts sleeping through the night.