Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #21
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Personally I have never received a bad product or bad service from sloomb. I know people say they have but I have ordered TONS direct from sloomb only and they have always went above and beyond. I have met Erin in person and she is the nicest mama and her products are outstanding. People used to complain about preorders and the timing but now all diapers are in stock and ready to ship. Our stash is about 75% sloomb diapers and wool. I love them and they are the best night diapers.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
WillowKylasMama
Registered Users

Re: Sloomb cloth diapers .... Questions

I tried the OBF fitteds and sloomb wool for nighttime. I really truly wanted to like them but my daughter just wasn't comfortable in them. Whenever she wore them to bed she would wake up crying numerous times during the night and I think it was because she could feel the wetness. In the morning the diaper was cold, stiff, and her bum was cold and clamy. She sleeps much better with stay dry material next to her skin. I still can't bring myself to sell them even though she has outgrown the wool.
WillowKylasMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #23
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I loved them at first. They are great for night time and they are pretty.

Be aware that they are not soft after a few washed. I think it's the type of fabric used. It's not rough like a wash cloth or anything, but definitely not soft.

Mine did get a stink after awhile but I think they weren't getting clean enough. They're quiet thick so I'm not surprise. I did a soak in oxyclean and it went away.

My problem is that they started to fall apart in less than a year. I had 3 that I rotated with others and they've started to get holes in them. Kind of annoying when they cost as much as they do.

I have tried gmd fitteds and like them just as well. They're half the price and stay soft. The doubler isn't as thick as sbish but if I throw in a MF insert it's as good.

For the price listed I would get them. Look for holes in areas where there is bunching of material. That's where mine started.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #24
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMommy View Post
I loved them at first. They are great for night time and they are pretty.

Be aware that they are not soft after a few washed. I think it's the type of fabric used. It's not rough like a wash cloth or anything, but definitely not soft.

Mine did get a stink after awhile but I think they weren't getting clean enough. They're quiet thick so I'm not surprise. I did a soak in oxyclean and it went away.

My problem is that they started to fall apart in less than a year. I had 3 that I rotated with others and they've started to get holes in them. Kind of annoying when they cost as much as they do.

I have tried gmd fitteds and like them just as well. They're half the price and stay soft. The doubler isn't as thick as sbish but if I throw in a MF insert it's as good.

For the price listed I would get them. Look for holes in areas where there is bunching of material. That's where mine started.
Sloomb says no bleach or oxy for this reason. I am a realist however, and there have been times that I've used 1/4 cup of bleach. I will say that way back when I was starting oxy was responsible for a few diaper deaths. It's pretty hard on dipes. Harder than nasty old bleach.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #25
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
Sloomb says no bleach or oxy for this reason. I am a realist however, and there have been times that I've used 1/4 cup of bleach. I will say that way back when I was starting oxy was responsible for a few diaper deaths. It's pretty hard on dipes. Harder than nasty old bleach.
I think it's all dependent on SO many things. I put oxygen bleach (Seventh Generation, NOT OxiClean) in every single wash, and I have never had a hole in a Sbish diaper or any other diaper over the past 18 months. I do not baby them. I put BacOut in prewash on cold, add detergent and oxygen bleach and wash on hot with two rinses. I dry two cycles. No issues

In the same vein, I want them to be clean. If I take off a little of their life ensuring they are sparkly clean, I have no problem.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #26
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
One soak for a couple hours in oxyclean made them fall apart? I've soaked things for 24 hrs in multiple baths of oxyclean and had no problems.

I think that something that catches poop and costs $25 should be sturdier. I have other natural fiber diapers treated similarly and not had holes develop like these.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacandy
Knock on wood I've always had great customer service from them.
Same, but I only buy their diapers.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #28
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Any idea if there's a discount code that's active currently?
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #29
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

We use Happy Little Clouds at night. Love them! The backs aren't even soaked all the way through by morning. Had I known the new bamboo velour HLCs had the exact same soaker (meaning, the soaker isn't velour) I wouldn't have paid the extra. The softness of that diaper is only felt by the inside of his shorties and longies.

I'd buy them for $18!

And I've seen just a portion of their bad press. I'll buy their product from retailers. I'm more of a knit or crochet gal, so I'm not attracted to their wool.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
earthmama222
Registered Users
seller

THanks for the info ladies, it's good to hear different experiences!! Is the bad customer service a past problem or is it still an issue recently? I bought a ton of Happy Heiny's diapers and then found out they have the worst cust service ever so I will not buy from them anymore even tho I love their hemp pockets :/ I have enough of them to last a few yrs tho lol
Anyway, I saw an experiment that someone did with bleach on Sloomb diapers. They continually washed 1 diaper in oxygen bleach loads, 1 in chlorine bleach loads, and 1 with just detergent no bleaches. Both bleach one's had tons of holes when she published her results, and the detergent only one had not a single hole!!
My kids wont sleep if their diaper is wet either, even if it is stay dry material they still wake up upset, but natural materials they can not sleep at all! So I will put a flushable liner next to their skin if using natural materials at night, it works about as well as stay dry, but not perfect.
Hmmm, I'd still like to try a snapless mini at the very least!!
earthmama222 is offline   Reply With Quote