Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #101
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Thrifty kids shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I didn't mean to imply that it's a requirement. I should have clarified better - when we had first started going to that church, we felt very out of place being all dressed up. I was one of the only women in a dress, along with dd, and dh is one of the only one of the men who wore a tie. It was more of a khaki's and slacks type of place. We definitely don't have the humidity problem during most of the summer anymore! lol It was SUUUUPER dry all summer long - and it's only been too muddy to play outside (like literally our yard is flooded right now) for the past week or so. I wish it rained more in the summer like it used to - I have such fond memories of playing outside in the summer rain...now you can't use summer and rain in the same sentence anymore.
Oh, I see. Our church is pretty mixed, people get dressed up and people just come as they are, it's kind of nice.

Last summer was pretty dry here too. I love playing in the summer rain!

When I was a kid we didn't even have rain boots or play shoes, in the summer we went barefoot except in public. Drove my mother insane though, the carpets were always nasty

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #102
mamatoblessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlmrs View Post
I didn't even think of the farm stores, it's about time we made a trip out to Southern States... The cheapest I've seen is Amazon where some of the color/size combinations are only $28. But that's for the Glosh, their "rain" boot, I don't think it has any insulation. Hmm, it would certainly be nice to only have one work boot, I wonder if there's some way to make a fleece moccasin like liner to go inside. Some of the Lands End boots have removable liners, which gave me the idea.

On a slightly different note, have you had success with any non-Muck brand adult boot lasting for more than a year? I'm thinking of trying these Tingleys out for me and DH. Adult Mucks are not in the budget right now after the spending spree for the girls.

I don't have any experience with adult rubber boots. I keep trying to talk DH into getting a pair to wear at the barn when he's washing horses or cleaning stalls so he doesn't go through a pair of boots every 6 months, but I have yet to succeed. Too much hassle to change boots I guess.
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #103
BabyKakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I recommend Amazon or 6pm. At Amazon you can get 20% off if you subscribe to their shoe emails. I got a pair of salt water sandals for $18
Old 03-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #104
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy

My oldest dd grew out of her shoes one day. So I got her a new pair of shoes. They fit great. The very next morning they were too small. I had to go back and get her another size up. The very next morning. There's no way I missed a shoe size she simply had a crazy growth spurt. Apparently I caught it mid spurt and should have waited a day lol. Now typically that doesn't happen and kids will either suddenly tell you their shoes hurt or will have a hard time getting them on, or for little ones the parent will notice. Shoes can literally be fine one day and too small the next. You just never know not everytimr will you catch it the very day they are too small.
Uh, my vote goes to 5 Princess Mommy who obv has had lots of experience with shoe fitting on her 5 kiddos!!

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012

Last edited by Alaga; 03-13-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #105
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrammellyFamily
Hmmm. I did see a foot measuring device for sale at goodwill the other day... I should have picked it up. Then we could add foot measuring to our schedule.
Ha!!

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #106
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiness View Post
I just bought 2 pairs of shoes for my kids at Payless for $13. They were on sale and buy one get one half off.
Wow, that was a great deal!
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote