Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #71
sandhillcranes's Avatar
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,804
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy
Anyone else wish the sandy's came lined with the stay dry material like meos do?!
Haha yes. I took some of my cheap bamboo alva inserts and covered them with microfleece. They are almost the exact same size and shape as the stay dry ME large doublers. They work great too

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

__________________
I'm Tia... and I love my family so much they should pay rent in my mind
If I haven't left you feedback, please pm me .
sandhillcranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #72
epanouie's Avatar
epanouie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 701
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes

Here is a pic of my smalls and larges together. I think the rise would definitely be iffy. It really depends on the shape of the kiddo. I can tell u i used larges on my son bc when we found sandys he was a lil over 20lbs. He fit fine in a large but he was thick all over. Thick legs especially and very tall. My daughter is long and lean. No butt. Thinner legs. She fits great in a brown gmd workhorse. Id say the fit of those is very comparable with the small sandys. I feel weird saying that bc the gmd browns are considered a larger diaper but i find the gmd brown workhorse to actually be trimmer than a small sandys with a small doubler. Sandys are so full cut in the back. Great diapers but not trim. So cute though. I can snap a pic if u like but no bamboo here. DDs skin didnt like bamboo

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Oohhh...so pretty!! A little jealous
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #73
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,033
Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Anyone else wish the sandy's came lined with the stay dry material like meos do?!
Me! Someone on another thread said that they are available if you call ME, but that ME doesn't recommend them. They didn't know why.

I have not called to confirm this.
__________________
Wife and homeschooling mom to:
ds 15yo
ds 12yo

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #74
epanouie's Avatar
epanouie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 701
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree

Me! Someone on another thread said that they are available if you call ME, but that ME doesn't recommend them. They didn't know why.

I have not called to confirm this.
Very interesting. I am not a big fan of stay dry material because the ONLY time I've ever had stink issues with my diapers in the last 10 1/2 years is when stay dry synthetic fibers are involved! I wonder if that has something to do with it, since Sandy's are so very thick??
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #75
ashleyg103's Avatar
ashleyg103
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 744
Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

Got my meos in the mail yesterday, prepped them for last night, I LOVE them so much! I added a thirsties hemp prefold sz1 and pooters stay dry bamboo insert and covered with a disana soaker, the outside of the diapers wasnt even damp! They fit my twins so great I just ordered 2 more this morning.
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #76
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetysonfamily

Very interesting. I am not a big fan of stay dry material because the ONLY time I've ever had stink issues with my diapers in the last 10 1/2 years is when stay dry synthetic fibers are involved! I wonder if that has something to do with it, since Sandy's are so very thick??
This would make since but having the whole fitted soaked in the am kind of grosses me out. But I guess that is what it is for huh?
And I believe that when I contacted ME they said just the stay dry top layer is synthetic but the rest is cotton. Still gets stinky though.
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #77
Arizonah13's Avatar
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 597
My Mood:
Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

I have a MEOS that I bought when DD1 was younger (so... maybe 18 months ago) - I thought it was so huge on her as a 6 month old so I set it aside.

Well, she's now a 30lb 2 year old and it's tight around her thighs.
__________________
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #78
keithmommy's Avatar
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,446
My Mood:
Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree View Post
Me! Someone on another thread said that they are available if you call ME, but that ME doesn't recommend them. They didn't know why.

I have not called to confirm this.
I am the one that said that. Probably about 5-6 years ago I emailed and asked if I could order a stay dry Sandy after reading a thread here about someone who said they did. Back then, motherease said I could buy one but they didn't recommend it. So after reading through this thread I emailed them again last night and asked again. I just heard back they they do not make stay dry Sandys.
__________________
Happy mom to 7 homeschooling kiddos.
keithmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #79
lauraz76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 97
My Mood:
Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

I'm very new to CD, just a couple weeks! I first ordered about a dozen pocket diapers just to get me started. They are OK, but I"m definitely having some heavy-wetter problems. He can soak thru 2 hemp inserts at night. :-O!!

So I poked around and ordered just a few more things. I just received my MEOS today! Also a bummis pull-on cover.

I"m so intrigued by the Sandy's. My 4 month old is a chunk, he's already 17lbs. So I figured I'd hold off on the Sandy's until he was 20lbs and could fit into the large. But I just read thru this whoooooole thread, and it looks like maybe he could still use the smalls?

Is there a preferred hookup source for ME? There are so many diaper sites, and they don't all have the same things.
lauraz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #80
epanouie's Avatar
epanouie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 701
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraz76
I'm very new to CD, just a couple weeks! I first ordered about a dozen pocket diapers just to get me started. They are OK, but I"m definitely having some heavy-wetter problems. He can soak thru 2 hemp inserts at night. :-O!!

So I poked around and ordered just a few more things. I just received my MEOS today! Also a bummis pull-on cover.

I"m so intrigued by the Sandy's. My 4 month old is a chunk, he's already 17lbs. So I figured I'd hold off on the Sandy's until he was 20lbs and could fit into the large. But I just read thru this whoooooole thread, and it looks like maybe he could still use the smalls?

Is there a preferred hookup source for ME? There are so many diaper sites, and they don't all have the same things.
So many sites sell random parts or types of the ME line, so I have almost always just ordered straight from Motherease.com.
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.