Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Crotch danglers??

Advertisement

Last edited by c&w's mama; 03-21-2013 at 09:45 AM.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #32
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

just glad everyone has found carriers they like

Last edited by c&w's mama; 03-21-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #33
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
But don't björn type carriers often face outward only? To me that seems extremely overstimulating, whereas facing in is snuggles and love (and nursing!). I notice when a I wear my daughter in an ssc, she can give me huge hugs and wrap her legs around me, even. Even if you don't know someone with hip problem directly related to a carrier, it still does not make it an optimum position.
I agree. c&w's mama, you've already deleted your post, but I wasn't trying to bash anyone. I just wish we saw other types of babywearing more often and that the other options were more readily seen and available to moms. If a Bjorn works for other people, that's fine with me.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #34
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

don't worry- not saying you were- I just didn't think I had the energy to debate it today with anyone who might be more confrontational (no one who has posted here already!! let me be clear!) Not everyone is friendly about this topic- or has an open mind.

I also feel boards are a way to vent.

I realized I didn't want to get into it. I don't usually come into this section. But I'm here to support people in the carriers they like to use for their own personal reasons.
The deleted posts are really not secret- but oops, probably made them look dramatic (that is sooooo opposite my intention)- I'm very interested in learning about all of this. Promise- here to learn, not disagree. I would still love to see medical articles- I can only find bashing online.

I love that there are so many options and that more people are relearning carriers all the time-- I do so many moby demonstrations IRL (even for people in stores) I couldn't tell you how many. But if you see me in a store, I could use ring sling help Its hard to get me out of my ergo, though. I never got rid of my bjorn and think it has a place at our house.

Last edited by c&w's mama; 03-21-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: misspelling and addition
Old 03-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #35
mama2faeriebebe
Registered Users

I don't know how people can stand those carriers! They're just plain uncomfortable!
mama2faeriebebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #36
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Baby wearing is wonderful, but crotch danglers are not. On the plus side, my dissatisfaction with the bjorn I had received sent me looking for better options, and brought other carriers into large stores.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #37
buttonsamy
Registered Users

I have tried all types of carriers with my two month old. Wraps too. He likes to be worn. He tolerates a moby sometimes but prefers the ergo and bjorn above all else. He hated the nojo and did ok in an mt.

I had no idea that the baby bjorn was a bad thing and never heard of crotch dangling. My midwife loaned me hers and told me how much she adored it. I already loved my ergo but tried it and baby loved it just as much as the ergo!

I like the bjorn for doing chores. I find babys feet get smooshed when sitting or squatting in the ergo but not in the bjorn.

I cannot imagine using the bjorn out in public when I have such an expensive and stylish ergo to use but I do find it better for around the house.
buttonsamy is offline   Reply With Quote