Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #11
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Molluscum contagiosum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVflipflopmama View Post
My kids had this as well. For the most part it was in areas they couldn't reach and they were OK. My son had a few on his arms though that he picked at. They became infected and it was a mess. Our ped gave us an ointment that irritated them to make them pop and dry out. He did say that left alone they would go away after a year or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrc View Post
my dd has had this a couple of times. her bumps were flesh colored, pink and red. some had white head looking things too. her's came up on her rear and private areas the first time. the second time it was mild on her inner thigh and some on her rear.
the first time i did what the dr said to do and put some prescription cream on them and just waited it out. it took nearly a year for them to go away. the second time i found out that pimple cream works on them. helps them go away faster. we also popped some of them and they went away within days.
My older son had these at age 12. Doc said to leave them alone, they'd go away in 6 months to a year. If they were bothersome, he could try treating them. I went searching and found a report of a medical study in Australia or somewhere treating them with pimple cream. The key was, it has to be the "maximum strength" variety with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide as the active ingredient. We got a tube of generic at the drugstore for $4, dotted it on the warts twice a day with a cotton swab, and they were all completely gone within 2 weeks. 2-1/2 years later, he's not had any more.

Advertisement

Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hers doesn't bother her at all. She never scratches it and its right on her leg. Do they usually itch?
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
Hers doesn't bother her at all. She never scratches it and its right on her leg. Do they usually itch?
My son's never did.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
Ala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
There also was a study that said a medication for heartburn ( I know, sounds weird) cimetidine/Tagamet is effective taken orally. Our NP prescribed it for her but my DD is not good with taking medicine and the liquid compounded at the pharmacy tasted awful, so did not work for us. Also tried the benzoyl peroxide, but it really burned on application. I also tried Tee Tree oil and two different preparations I ordered online that promised a cure. I finally decided not to torture my LO with treatments for something that will go away on it's own and is basically harmless unless it gets infected. The spots did not itch or bother her and no one we know got it, so can't be that contagious. Have no idea where she got it from though! The spots got angry looking, bright red with a ***** head and then finally disappeared!
Ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #15
Ala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oops, that word meant Pus filled head!! So embarrassed!
Ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
bea2269
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala
Oops, that word meant Pus filled head!! So embarrassed!
I know you're mortified, but that made me giggle!
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
Fran250
Registered Users

My son contracted Molluscum so we purchased Molluscumrx and it was gone within 3 weeks!! LOVED IT!!
Fran250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran250 View Post
My son contracted Molluscum so we purchased Molluscumrx and it was gone within 3 weeks!! LOVED IT!!
Did he take well? Mom just said that she had it & went to doctor and I just found spots in my toddler underpit. Wondering if I should try meds as its I think only been 2 times in my toddler & first I thought nothing of as just few spots. No one else in house seems to have or gotten as far as I know other than grandma.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #19
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

I'm pretty sure this is what my DD had all over her bottom. I didn't take her to the dr, but it looked like the pics and a kid I used to babysit had it on his face. DD is a picker and an itcher so it was all over. Like 50 spots. Twice a day I swabbed her bottom with a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar. (it stings pretty bad, but she was tough!) I also gave her acv capsules a couple times. Within a couple weeks it was completely gone! Unfortunately, it's already spread to my other kids, and we're trying the same remedy on their spots.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote