Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
FairSailing188
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Bicornuate (heart-shaped) Uterus?

Anyone else get diagnosed with a bicornuate (heart-shaped) uterus? I didn't have my first ultrasound until 12 weeks with my son and my OB said that the reason they didn't catch it then is because it must have stretched out by the ultrasound. Anyway, I had a completely low risk issue free pregnancy with DS; he was 4 days past EDD and I had a drug-free natural birth.

Has anyone else had this diagnosis? Any other risks outside of breech presentment and pre-term labor that you are aware of? Have you had normal births? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.
FairSailing188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Bicornuate (heart-shaped) Uterus?

I had a doula client who had trouble getting pregnant and that was blamed on her bicornuate uterus. She had to babies, the first totally natural, vaginal birth. The second a cesarean for breech presentation.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have one DS was born vaginally with no issues, and so far no complications with this pregnancy. I was just told I couldn't have an IUD because of it.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
FairSailing188
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I have one DS was born vaginally with no issues, and so far no complications with this pregnancy. I was just told I couldn't have an IUD because of it.
You know what's hilarious? I had an IUD for TWO YEARS; I had it taken out in April 2012. I had no issues with it. The only thing I can think of is mine is a very mild case?

Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.
FairSailing188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my gf has one. she was told she would need a c section. she went on to 41 weeks with all her babies and had the 3rd at home.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

I had one and I was unable to get pregnant with it. I had it corrected with surgery a few months before I got pregnant with my oldest. We had been TTC for years before that.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
lilg82882
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My little sister does.

She was told it would be very hard to get pregnant. She has had two unplanned babies.
Both babies were born before EDD (youngest was born at 36 weeks the oldest born only a week maybe before his EDD). Both babies were breach even though she was told the oldest was head down and she kept telling them she was sure he was not.
During labor when she found out he was breech they told her be was never head down there was just not room to turn head down.

She was told that and IUD probably wouldn't work for her but she wanted to try. She had sever issues both times she tried.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

I have BU, though mine is more extreme in that my two uterine-halves are completely separate and form two "horns", that function completely independent of each other. When I get pregnant (which has always been easy) the baby implants in one horn, that horn grows like a regular uterus would. It has muscle tissue all the way around, and in every way, functions like a "normal" uterus, only is measures smaller, by half, from side to side.

My first was born at 36w3d and came vaginally in water.

I am 32 weeks (tomorrow) pregnant with #2 and she is breech. She turned from head down to breech between 28 and 30 weeks. I'm going to a chiropractor trained in the Webster technique to try to encourage her back into a head-down position.

Since this is my second, and my first came vaginally with no problems, I am considering delivering breech, with an OB who has experience with vaginal breech births. I will try to avoid C/S as long as there is the possibility to deliver vaginally because it is healthier for mom & baby.