Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
AZmommy's Avatar
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yuma
Posts: 11,305
Re: I wish someone made...

I bi fold my diaper safari inserts because I like the full pull coverage it give plus less front or back 2x4 bulge.

Advertisement

__________________
I can not spell and have no phone to blame things on.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
P!nkPepper's Avatar
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,584
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
I bi fold my diaper safari inserts because I like the full pull coverage it give plus less front or back 2x4 bulge.
Pix! Pls?

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #13
DiaperDiva's Avatar
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,685
My Mood:
Re: I wish someone made...

Yes, pics please! Thanks for the feedback!
__________________
J. age 8 (autism); E. age 7; L. age 6 (pddnos); I. born 6.14.13 at 33 weeks.
Cloth-Diapering, Breastfeeding, Baby-Wearing, Co-Sleeping, Gentle-Parenting Mama.
DiaperDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
AZmommy's Avatar
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yuma
Posts: 11,305
Re: I wish someone made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
Pix! Pls?

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1501396 This is the htread I created about it. Pictures are included.

okay added some updates shots since I kinda had the cover on wonky in the thread picture (wiggly toddler)



__________________
I can not spell and have no phone to blame things on.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10

Last edited by AZmommy; 03-22-2013 at 02:51 PM.
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
MichelleKiley's Avatar
MichelleKiley
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 293
I wish someone made...

Pull-on cloth diapers for little babies. That were somehow magically easily washable as well. Like a flat or prefold. lol.

Am I wishing or what?!
MichelleKiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #16
P!nkPepper's Avatar
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,584
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1501396 This is the htread I created about it. Pictures are included.
Thanks! I must have missed that thread. Looks great.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
cajsmommy's Avatar
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,631
My Mood:
Re: I wish someone made...

My LO needs stay dry as well and since I'm in Canada shipping from DS was going to be kind of $$ so since I'm cheap, I made some stay dry diaper inserts myself. Here's how- super easy!(not to highjack but others may be interested). I took a recieving blanket, folded it into 4ths, sewed around the perimeter, then took a strip of fleece and sewed that down the center. That gave me inserts that were approx 14x14, with 12 layers of flannel when trifolded, but then they open up into a square of only 4 layers (plus one of fleece down the center) so they wash/dry well. I love them! I got soo tired of always having to add a fleece liner to all my trifolded PFs. They work great from about 12-18 months old up to 3+ years. For smaller babies, you could do the same thing, just trim the blankets down a bit before sewing then serge or zigzag the edges. My 14x14s were made with 30x30 RB (new measurements). Just thought I'd share.
__________________
mom to 5 wonderful blessings. All

Last edited by cajsmommy; 03-22-2013 at 03:41 PM.
cajsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #18
Saharan's Avatar
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calmar A.B. Canada
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajsmommy
My LO needs stay dry as well and since I'm in Canada shipping from DS was going to be kind of $$ so since I'm cheap, I made some stay dry diaper inserts myself. Here's how- super easy!(not to highjack but others may be interested). I took a recieving blanket, folded it into 4ths, sewed around the perimeter, then took a strip of fleece and sewed that down the center. That gave me inserts that were approx 14x14, with 12 layers of flannel when trifolded, but then they open up into a square of only 4 layers (plus one of fleece down the center) so they wash/dry well. I love them! I got soo tired of always having to add a fleece liner to all my trifolded PFs. They work great from about 12-18 months old up to 3+ years. For smaller babies, you could do the same thing, just trim the blankets down a bit before sewing then serge or zigzag the edges. My 14x14s were made with 30x30 RB (new measurements). Just thought I'd share.
Great idea.
__________________
Engaged to the love of my life and mama to our sweet little Kai bear born 2/12/2010 and our new little princess Savannah born 3/16/2012
baby wearing, cloth diapering, EBF, semi crunchy mama origionally from BC now a resident of good ol' AB
Saharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #19
HerroKitty's Avatar
HerroKitty
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Re: I wish someone made...

I was just thinking the same thing, but now I totally want to make my own
HerroKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #20
lisathib123's Avatar
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,529
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan

Diaper safari does
Yes they do! They are awesome! I only wish they had a smaller size.
__________________
Lisa, wife to Toby. Mom to Ethan, Morgan, Maggie, Molly,
Blaize, Damian, and Jett
lisathib123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.