Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
mpbaby
Registered Users
seller

We have been married seven years and our nice fine China is still brand new. We use crate and barrel everyday dishes. The kids use them too. Some have chipped and broken over the years and we haven't replaced them. We seem to have enough still. I'm going to use the nice stuff when these are all broken. I obviously don't need China for special occasions. For special occasions when people come over or family comes over for Thanksgiving or Christmas we use disposable plates and utensils because I only have enough dishes for twelve people... oh well, things I wish I knew when I registered for our wedding...

Advertisement

mpbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: if you have China do you use it?

We have china that I love. It's a very simple pattern that I hope will be timeless. We host all family parties for my husband's side of the family and I bust out the china for those events. Unfortunately, I only have a setting for 12 and don't have enough for the entire family (usually 25-30). so, i have to supplement by also using my FiL/MIL china as well. I'm hoping I can find a set at an auction that would coordinate with mine. My SIL Wants the china that belonged to her mother.
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote