Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Natural postpartum healing/recovery tips.

The postpartum hemorrhoids are the worst. I didn't get them in pregnancy at all, but I got them afterwards with the last four. Didn't push very long at all, so I'm not sure what exactly the issue was. I got proctofoam for them, which isn't "natural", but it sure worked!

As far as natural postpartum tips - sea salt water baths for healing for your perineum (or herbal baths, if you've got postpartum bath herbs.)
Ice packs if you had tearing.
Breast pump for a one-time complete pump out to ease engorgement.

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~ View Post
The postpartum hemorrhoids are the worst. I didn't get them in pregnancy at all, but I got them afterwards with the last four. Didn't push very long at all, so I'm not sure what exactly the issue was. I got proctofoam for them, which isn't "natural", but it sure worked!

As far as natural postpartum tips - sea salt water baths for healing for your perineum (or herbal baths, if you've go postpartum bath herbs.)
Ice packs if you had tearing.
Breast pump for a one-time complete pump out to ease engorgement.
Thank you for the tips! I definitely need to stock up on the bath herbs thanks for the reminder!
I'm praying I can dodge the hemorrhoids :/
Jenyquintero17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley View Post
Lots of water. Also I massaged my abdomen pretty vigorously whenever I had a minute - it stimulates cramping and the uterus returning to its normal state. My PP bleeding only lasted like a week.
I hope my PP bleeding is also light. Its just one more thing I don't want to have to worry about haha
I will have to be sure to stay on top of getting the uterus back in order because I know I slacked the last pregnancy. Thanks for the reminder and tips!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #14
ShirleySH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Asian culture says no cold drinks & no showering for a month i think it is. Pads.
Yes! Its funny you mention this because my asian mother and other relatives were telling me to do this. They were telling me to bundle up and wear sweaters and long pants--basically sweat it out. Also told me to put a heating pad on my stomach. I did not take their advice, so can't comment on whether or not it really works....
ShirleySH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
AJH1544
Registered Users
seller

It isnt terribly natural, but i got more use out of the stupid boppy pillow by sitting on it than bfing with it, lol!!

Definately witch hazel and cool water for going to the bathroom.

Loved the herbal red raspberry leaf tea, too.
AJH1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #16
AJH1544
Registered Users
seller

Dp, sorry!
AJH1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Herbal baths, lots of water and coconut water to hydrate, stool softeners (tons of prune juice and fresh veggies), and an ace bandage wrapped around your abdomen.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #18
shad1radog
Registered Users
seller

Earth Mama Angel Baby Mama Bottom Balm. Nothing like it! I've had four kids and didn't discover it until after my fourth. Wish I had had it every time. It's AMAZING. Here's a linkhttp://pamperedbuns.com/store/WsDefa...Yes&Thumbs=100
Megan - Surrounded by boys! Wife to Alberto and Mommy to: Ethan (2.26.06), Joseph (10.1.07), Jeremiah (6.21.09) and Tito (1.7.12) Forever remembering my girls, MoMo twins, Stephanie and Kinsay (1.25.11)
shad1radog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleySH View Post

Yes! Its funny you mention this because my asian mother and other relatives were telling me to do this. They were telling me to bundle up and wear sweaters and long pants--basically sweat it out. Also told me to put a heating pad on my stomach. I did not take their advice, so can't comment on whether or not it really works....
I've done the heating pad on my stomach but I don't think I can refrain from an occasional shower and an ice water haha I'm curious to hear if this works tho!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJH1544 View Post
It isnt terribly natural, but i got more use out of the stupid boppy pillow by sitting on it than bfing with it, lol!!

Definately witch hazel and cool water for going to the bathroom.

Loved the herbal red raspberry leaf tea, too.
Ahh yes I got way more use out of the boppy then my daughter haha thanks for the reminder!