Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #81
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmommy

I am the one that said that. Probably about 5-6 years ago I emailed and asked if I could order a stay dry Sandy after reading a thread here about someone who said they did. Back then, motherease said I could buy one but they didn't recommend it. So after reading through this thread I emailed them again last night and asked again. I just heard back they they do not make stay dry Sandys.
I always used the Motherease stay dry liners inside the fitteds and that did the trick for us. We own a bunch of the Motherease stay dry liners and I use them in all brands of diapers to make them stay dry.

I've been a big ME fan for the past 14 years. These are the best quality diapers and the Airflow covers never leak. We still have working Airflows that I bought in 2000!

My other favorites are the Wizard Uno and Duo's. If I had a smaller child, I'd have a full stash of them. My only complaint is that my son is 43 lbs and out grew them a while ago.

I've seen a few people mention the ME bed wetter pants. What size do they fit up to and how absorbent are they?

Stephanie, mom to 3 big girls (10, 13 & 19) & 1 sweet little guy (3)

Advertisement

ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #82
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23

I always used the Motherease stay dry liners inside the fitteds and that did the trick for us. We own a bunch of the Motherease stay dry liners and I use them in all brands of diapers to make them stay dry.

I've been a big ME fan for the past 14 years. These are the best quality diapers and the Airflow covers never leak. We still have working Airflows that I bought in 2000!

My other favorites are the Wizard Uno and Duo's. If I had a smaller child, I'd have a full stash of them. My only complaint is that my son is 43 lbs and out grew them a while ago.

I've seen a few people mention the ME bed wetter pants. What size do they fit up to and how absorbent are they?

I could totally echo all you said...except that I've not quite used them as long as you...ten years, here! I agree that there is nothing that can stand up to the quality of workmanship!!!

I loved the bed wetter pants for my oldest...he had trouble at night until he was six years old. The rest of my kiddos did fine after PL even during naps and night, so that is my only experience, really. I used them for four years with great success! They are super absorbent! If you look on the ME site it will give you how many pounds for each different size of pant. Since it was so long ago that I bought mine (2004) I don't remember which one i got!
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #83
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by epanouie

I could totally echo all you said...except that I've not quite used them as long as you...ten years, here! I agree that there is nothing that can stand up to the quality of workmanship!!!

I loved the bed wetter pants for my oldest...he had trouble at night until he was six years old. The rest of my kiddos did fine after PL even during naps and night, so that is my only experience, really. I used them for four years with great success! They are super absorbent! If you look on the ME site it will give you how many pounds for each different size of pant. Since it was so long ago that I bought mine (2004) I don't remember which one i got!
Thank you! My son is 3, big for his age and has special needs so I'm expecting him to be in diapers for a while. We've been having fun finding things for him to wear as he keeps growing and wetting more but needs stay dry. He's on a completely liquid diet and drinks 6 oz every 90-120 minutes all night so he wets a lot at night.

ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #84
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23

Thank you! My son is 3, big for his age and has special needs so I'm expecting him to be in diapers for a while. We've been having fun finding things for him to wear as he keeps growing and wetting more but needs stay dry. He's on a completely liquid diet and drinks 6 oz every 90-120 minutes all night so he wets a lot at night.

You're so welcome! I have been so pleased with them that I never even tried anything else! As you can imagine, a six year old can pee out a LOT at night, too, and it held it in If he would wake in the middle of the night and was wet, I'd have him change into another pair, of course, so I had several on hand
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #85
holocene
Registered Users

Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

After months of searching for the elusive night time diaper that would keep my super super soaker dry, I finally found it. We woke up to dry sheets and a happy baby this morning. (He literally leaks out of everything, including a overnight huggies with a flip sposie insert laid inside.)

We used a small bamboo sandy's with a small ME bamboo insert, a small Peachy Baby bamboo insert and an AppleCheeks bamboo booster. We covered it all up with a flip aplix, and was able to cover it all without even really trying.

I freaking LOVE motherease!

♡ evah - mama to sam & ari.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #86
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraz76 View Post
I'm very new to CD, just a couple weeks! I first ordered about a dozen pocket diapers just to get me started. They are OK, but I"m definitely having some heavy-wetter problems. He can soak thru 2 hemp inserts at night. :-O!!

So I poked around and ordered just a few more things. I just received my MEOS today! Also a bummis pull-on cover.

I"m so intrigued by the Sandy's. My 4 month old is a chunk, he's already 17lbs. So I figured I'd hold off on the Sandy's until he was 20lbs and could fit into the large. But I just read thru this whoooooole thread, and it looks like maybe he could still use the smalls?

Is there a preferred hookup source for ME? There are so many diaper sites, and they don't all have the same things.
Mombecks has motherease. She is sweet. My daughter is 20lbs-1yr old, she can do a small or large..the large is still very loose and baggy but works. I like the smalls better under bummis pull on bc the rise on those is lower so there is less tucking. I didnt love meos but sandys are great. Great for night diapers as well bc you can stuff them with extra absorbancy.

Re: small vs large, a lot of it has to do with the build of child. My son fit fine in a large sandys at 20lbs but he was a chunker. DD is very long but not thick like he was. Her butt, thighs, legs are much slimmer. Hes got booty and legs and a belly. He was 20lbs at 6mos. Shes probably hovering over 20lbs now and almost 13mos. Try both!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #87
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What non-ME covers fit over small sandys? Is there a master list somewhere? (I read the 2012 thread, still working through this one!)

Last edited by Tris; 04-02-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #88
nikkic1999
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We LOVE our Motherease diapers! I recently dyed a bunch of my MEOS and Sandy's! Here they are with my silly boy showing them off!

We use them under MEAF, Bummis Pull On's and wool. LOVE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-352998784.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	138983   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3351693110.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	138984   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2860640307.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	138985  

Last edited by nikkic1999; 04-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.
nikkic1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #89
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkic1999
We LOVE our Motherease diapers! I recently dyed a bunch of my MEOS and Sandy's! Here they are with my silly boy showing them off!

We use them under MEAF, Bummis Pull On's and wool. LOVE.
Too cute!!! I wish I could get the meos to work for us. They are so simple & easy to clean!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #90
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Those are so cute, nikkic1999! What dye did you use? Do the colors bleed at all afterwards?
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote