Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #11
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
You'd be surprised. I rocked a Nintendo at 3, and ex-df's ODS was pretty great on the GameCube at 4. As long as he doesn't throw the controller or spill something on it, I'd let him go to town. So he dies a lot, oh well. Have a blast. If he gets upset he's not doing well, try one without batteries and play for him like suggested earlier. But honestly, ex-df's ODS loved just crashing into walls in racing games and running down the screen until he hit something and died on 2D sidescrollers. They don't have to win to have fun! They don't even have to know what they're doing IME.

ETA: I also remember playing PS1 with my brother when I was 3-4, and just mashing every button imaginable and kicking his butt at mortal kombat. He would get really angry because he learned combos and specials and whatnot, and I just went nuts and bested him LOL Trying to teach me moves on it was pointless, I didn't remember 4 button combos haha. But then mom would come in and yell about us having the blood on the highest (goriest) setting and shut it all down ._.'

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by Hillargh; 03-23-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #12
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 3 year old was a pro on the xbox360. Seriously....just like daddy...sees it once and remembers what to do. I say let him try. It isn't going to hurt anything..

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #13
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh

ETA: I also remember playing PS1 with my brother when I was 3-4, and just mashing every button imaginable and kicking his butt at mortal kombat. He would get really angry because he learned combos and specials and whatnot, and I just went nuts and bested him LOL Trying to teach me moves on it was pointless, I didn't remember 4 button combos haha. But then mom would come in and yell about us having the blood on the highest (goriest) setting and shut it all down ._.'

This post seriously just brought back some great memories for me! I used to battle my older brother in Mortal Kombat with the same technique- hit any and all buttons as quickly as possible! It worked so well. As I got better, I had him teach me how to do the "babality". That was my favorite move to "finish him/her"!

Back to the OP, my 2.5 yr old likes wii sports resort. He does well at swordplay and bicycling since there are no buttons that have to be pushed during play. He also is fooled by using the remote that doesn't work for stuff that he can't really play.
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #14
Mommy of 2girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
You'd be surprised. I rocked a Nintendo at 3, and ex-df's ODS was pretty great on the GameCube at 4. As long as he doesn't throw the controller or spill something on it, I'd let him go to town. So he dies a lot, oh well. Have a blast. If he gets upset he's not doing well, try one without batteries and play for him like suggested earlier. But honestly, ex-df's ODS loved just crashing into walls in racing games and running down the screen until he hit something and died on 2D sidescrollers. They don't have to win to have fun! They don't even have to know what they're doing IME.

My four year old beats myself, my odd, and dh at dead or alive. She is good at pushing random buttons quickly lol and loves out!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #15
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum[/QUOTE]

This made me lol!! I remember doing this when I was young too...However we now have a PS3 and mortal combat for it and I still do the same thing!! Sometimes I get to beat my husband we haven't played it for a while, I think we will tomorrow!
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My 3 year old wants to play Wii with his dad and sister so badly...

We have a "diego" game for the wii - levi was playing it yesterday for the first time, needing very little help. It's something about a dinosaur rescue?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

If you have a balance board there's a game called nickelodeon Fit! Or something like that, it has Dora and Diego and backyardigans, etc. my kids don't know the characters but they can play the games. Balance board isn't necessary, you can choose controller if you don't have a board.

Anyway, my 3 and 4 year old do it fine. And the game will keep going even if they do something wrong, so it's not entirely dependent on their movement. And it's encouraging even if they are doing badly.
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Our boys have played the wii as young as 2.5 and 3. At that age they like Mario Kart, Mario Bros, Diego, wii Sports and Fit, Monster Truck Madness.

My youngest DS lives to play Xbox with older brothers and daddy. They play NBA, Skylanders, Fifa, Angry Birds....they love it.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote