Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Re: Bread maker?

Yes, we love ours. I have 3 and make bread once a month freezing the extra loaves. I bought a special bread knife and cutting board and can get super thin slices no problem. Haven't noticed any difference in the taste after it's been frozen.

my knife and board

I think the bread is incredibly tasty, but do not find we are eating too much of it. I store the loaf we are currently using in the fridge in a platic bread bag.

I found all the gently used machines and even the knife and board, which were new, thrifting. There is a yahoo bread machine group, really nice ppl there. Loads of free recipes on the net, so I do not need to have books.

My mom just found her third machine thrifting yesterday, we began making bread together this year when we found ours thrifting together. it is amazing how many are found in the thrift stores. She found toastmaster that made a long loaf. If I were you, I would look for one that makes a long loaf too, they make nicer slices.

Oh, and if you do decide to buy one, PM me and I will send you my favorite go to recipes.

Advertisement

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 03-24-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
wooly_wonderful
Registered Users
Formerly: lxl***ca
seller

My Mood:
I love ours. I use it for all sorts of bread and to make pizza dough once a week. It saves us a ton on just the pizza dough alone. I'd recommend getting one if you like bread. We use an electric knife to slice it thinner like store bought bread. I bought a programmable maker from Walmart. But now that I'm more thrifty I would check thrift stores first and make sure any extra pieces are there. You should also be able to find the manual online.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
wooly_wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote