Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #11
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

There's a bit of a learning curve to thred up. I hsve a love hate relationship with them lol. They do have great customer service and if you have a specific question on why an item wasn't accepted just ask. They'll look into it and either give you credit for it or explain why it wasn't accepted. But yes, things need to be basically perfect for them to accept.

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #12
jrpbrown1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has anyone sold to Thred Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I guess the upside is that buying from them you will get great quality items.
Yes. A Hannah Andersson dress I bought DD had a hole in a seam and I sent them a pic and they gave me full refund right away. So, I'd buy again, esp now since they revised the shipping prices, but I'll be cautious selling.
jrpbrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #13
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
I don't get this. While they do have some cute stuff on there, some of it is SO dated and I am shocked they list it.

i know, they don't make sense. i think it is b/c they have so many people pricing/listing that there is no continuity.

ex. cornelloki dress $3.99 but a vintage 90's garish gymbo romper $12.99
Old 03-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #14
tlc981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
I won't sell to them again unless I have exhausted all my other options. I sent them a giant bag of stuff and only made $20. I mean the bag was FULL and it was all great quality items. One was NWT and they didn't take it. It really was frustrating to see how much they didn't take that I know was in great shape. I also think their items are fairly overpriced (especially for what they buy for). I feel like I can buy the same brands new for what they are listing them used. (However, I am a bargain shopper and buy ahead on great sales). I've only sold to them once but it left such a sour taste in my mouth I won't recommend them and will only use them again after I have tried every other option.

I agree with this I have sent in 2 stuffed bags. The first one was "damaged" and items were missing from the bag. I got $25 for that bag. The next bag was stuffed too. I did send a few iffy things but the rest were like new items. They only accepted half and got $30 from that bag. I have received items from them that were not in like new condition. I have also seen out dated items for sale. I was told my items were missing tags or pajamas/underwear. I know for a fact none of my items were missing tags and I did not send pajamas.
I also feel the prices are too high for some things. I get most of my stuff new on sale combined with coupons/rewards cards.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe it's because I just donate or give away all my son's clothes, but I'd be thrilled to get $30 credit to get him something he actually needs. I guess if I was selling outright and made better money it wouldn't be worth it, but I've had NO luck trying to sell locally so everything just ends up handed down or donated. So it sounds like I just need to be aware that they may not take things. I'll try starting small and see what they take then.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
megshmeg
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Maybe it's because I just donate or give away all my son's clothes, but I'd be thrilled to get $30 credit to get him something he actually needs. I guess if I was selling outright and made better money it wouldn't be worth it, but I've had NO luck trying to sell locally so everything just ends up handed down or donated. So it sounds like I just need to be aware that they may not take things. I'll try starting small and see what they take then.
I feel the same. I figured, I was just going to donate the stuff anyway to get it out of my hair if it didn't sell locally (and a lot of times it doesn't), so, if I can get even $10 toward something my kids need, that's good.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I sent a huge bag of clothes ...I got $14. I washed everything that was used. I checked it all. I sent several new with tags items that my son outgrew & a few new without tags. I got paid for 1 new item! Most had been listed once on ebay. I was being lazy & didn't relist. I would not sell to them again unless I was going to donate the items anyway.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

I didn't get a chance to read all of the replies yet, but mamas I hope some of you might consider selling your children's clothes here on DS! I realize that might be because I had a very bad experience with Thread UP in which I got a box full of clothing that smelled very moldy and even after multiple bleach washes, hanging outside, etc. etc. it still stunk and was not usable. They were like "Sorry, but it happens" anyway, I guess they've maybe changed their way of doing business now but the customer service was really non-existant in my case and it left a bad taste in my mouth about them. kwim?

Lots of mamas here would love to buy or trade for your nice or new or nwt kid clothing items! Me for one!
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually listed a bunch of stuff on here last year, NWTs adn NIB boots and didn't get a single nibble. I'm still debating if it's worth sending the NIB boots to them since they are $50 boots I am not going to donate them or be happy with $5 or $10 so I may try and list them again. But stuff I'm just going to donate anyway, might as well try right?
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
BabyKakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have heard so many complaints about selling there that it made me nervous to send things in. I was asked to send women's clothing so I may try that.

I'm going to try sending DD's clothes to Moxie Jean and see how it goes...