Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

radish and asparagus recipe help

I got 2 bunches of radishes and 2 bunches of asparagus in my bountiful baskets pick up today... i like bacon wrapped asparagus, but honestly, havent eaten it much. we dont really like radishes here, but I've never really cooked with them, aside from roasting with potatoes and carrots last time we got some... I couldnt really taste them in a mixed bite, but ds, who was eating the veggies one piece at a time, informed me that some of the "potatoes" were nasty, lol...

what are youre favorite recipes? we dont really have any restrictions here anymore

Advertisement

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife2002
I got 2 bunches of radishes and 2 bunches of asparagus in my bountiful baskets pick up today... i like bacon wrapped asparagus, but honestly, havent eaten it much. we dont really like radishes here, but I've never really cooked with them, aside from roasting with potatoes and carrots last time we got some... I couldnt really taste them in a mixed bite, but ds, who was eating the veggies one piece at a time, informed me that some of the "potatoes" were nasty, lol...

what are youre favorite recipes? we dont really have any restrictions here anymore
I love drizzling olive oil on the asparagus, and sprinkling with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Toss to coat and roast in the oven to soften a bit but still crisp. Omg yum!

I haven't done much with radishes. Couple different salad recipes, didn't care for them. Lol.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: radish and asparagus recipe help

I love radishes but I usually just eat them raw with a bit of salt, we always plant a lot of them since my kids love them this way too.

And I second the roasted asparagus, it's delish.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You can pull a peeler along the asparagus to make long strips, and toss with lemon juice, evoo, salt n pepper, and parmesan cheese. Light and spring-y.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is totally not healthy but I will take asparagus, cut it in half and wrap three spears along with a piece of cream cheese in a Pillsbury crescent. Everyone loves them. I also love Asparagus cream soup (really simple to make and can be made vegan, we just did it), Asparagus in fritatas, Asparagus with eggs (just scrambled with a little salt and pepper), I use it when I bake Salmon (set the salmon on top and season with salt, pepper, lemon and butter, it is delicious). Really there are very few ways I won't eat it. For Radishes we usually either mix them with mashed potatoes or I will eat them just raw. I will also put them in a root vegetable stew but Tharen prefers parsnips.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
Newton
Registered Users

Wash asparagus trim ends, lay in roasting pan. Drizzle with evoo, salt, pepper, brizzle with balsamic and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar! Delicious!